Where to get a good plate of vegetables?

steffi

Often in Thailand I find my immune system is low and usually I catch colds easily. This is probably because I eat Pad Thai and other such dishes too much which are lacking in vegetables.

Do folks here take multi vitamins here?

When I'm like this I usually go out and look for a good plate of vegetables. That would be carrots and green beans since those are two I can eat without throwing up. Please no Brussell's Sprouts I cannot eat them ever.

So where, preferably around Lad Prao can you find a good place to sit down a eat some quality food? Sometimes I'll just get Lad Na and ask them to add more Kana but I don't think it's a rich vegetable so I'm looking for a place that serves vegetables to western standards. Not like say S&P.

what about vegetarian restaurants??

as indians have a lot of vegetarians all indian restaurants offer a huge variety of vegetable dishes.

also chinese food has a huge variety of vegetables. hotels on Rachada and Viphavadi in your area have usually chinese restaurants.

multi vitamins with thai food???

I don't know where you dine, I just know thai food is way healthier than what I can find back west especially if keeping with variety diet like is most easy if eating 2 or more together thus able(more suitable) to order multiple dishes & share which is a great tradition :)

Green vegetables & herbs like broccoli, morning glory, beans, pies, basil, mint etc I eat daily no problem. Absolutely lovely.

Wanna dine together sometime?

Yeah maybe it's the air pollution but I just came back from Phuket and I managed to get sick there. Now I did walk up and down Patong Road a lot the other day but other than that it was pretty clean air in Karon. I went to Boots yesterday and bought Boots Chewable Vitamin C and Centrum multi vitamins... I figure it cannot hurt. I remember the first time I came to Thailand I brought chewable Vitamin C with me, mostly because I liked the taste of that particular brand.

Normally I'll eat Pad Kapow and Pad Thai and main dishes. I don't like any of the traditional vegatables like the corn like one or those little eggplant things. Probably could eat more fruit as it's cheap here too. Occasionally I'll buy Pineapple from the street vendor for 10 thb.

i second that Thai food has a lot of variety of vegetables and fruits. a lot more beyond the "corn like" and the "egg plant" things. go to the vegetable and fruit department of a Lotus, BigC, Carrefour, note the names and ask for those when you visit a thai restaurant instead of ordering the phad kapraow and phad thai with low vitamines!

• 2 weeks later...

Stir fried vegetables is called pac loom meet, or something that sounds like that. That was my favorite thing my Thai wife made.

My only question is, in Thailand, does the minute or two of stir frying bring the temerature high enough to kill germs?

I'm really really careful about what I eat and drink but always get sick once a month, needing medical attention. I wish, sometimes, I could cook in my hotel room, where I could clean my food.

Archived