Did your relationship go to crap after LOS?

JJsushi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I'd throw my two cents into this obviously relevant post.... I have been coming to LOS every winter for 7 years now, usually combined with trekking, cycling, climbing trips in the region....at first, I came with my Asian ex girlfriend...totally fell in love with everything from food to pace of life.....later on, it became sanuk.....I haven't had a relationship with a western woman in some 15 years, nor do i try to find one.................the love of solo travel, and obviously the life one can lead in Thailand is very addictive. I once told a Thai friend, "even if I met a woman I truly loved here, I think I would be hard pressed to remain faithful...just too many opportunities, too easy to fool around." For most Western guys, this truly is an epic fantasy, and one trip fuels another, and another....not to mention that it is pretty hard to imagine a real relationship with all its strings, demands, and compromises........that said, even despite the friends I have made in LOS and involvements that were certainly more than flings, there were always too many games involved, and unfortunately, I think a lot of the posts one reads about here are all too sad but true, and thus, life in LOS, at least for me at this point in time, remains a fantasy......I have tried another channel as of late, which seemed to work quite well. I have met several Japanese ladies via the Tokyo Classified personals....travelled for a few months with them...become lovers, friends, no strings attached, certainly no money involved. With most, in terms of long term, it just wasn't there, but it has been a lot of fun, and saved me from the need to rush to LOS immediately! I met a gal from there this year whom things did click with, and we are making plans for the future, yet in planning my world wanders for this winter, I did throw in a few weeks in LOS...only climbing in Krabi, right?!

Archived