Did your relationship go to crap after LOS?

JJsushi

Seems young man you have let yourself cross the line of dilusional comparisons , as in , why is it this way here , and that way there. I would guess , and I did say guess , that a majority of us go to Fantasy Island , knowing full well we will return to reality , and our jobs , wives , girlfriends , rents , mortgages , well you can see where i'm going with this. Why you told your girlfriend / wife about your trips to LOS I dont know. Why you would dump her for trying to rationalise what is going on in your head , I dont know. This is in no way a flame , but you have to know what happens there will not very likely happen here and I would not blame someone here for not understanding/providing what goes on there. I'm sure you will receive other opinions as to what to do , read and weigh , this post is just mine.

Good luck to you !!

BadaBing

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by BadaBing:

Seems young man you have let yourself cross the line of dilusional comparisons , as in , why is it this way here , and that way there. I would guess , and I did say guess , that a majority of us go to Fantasy Island , knowing full well we will return to reality , and our jobs , wives , girlfriends , rents , mortgages , well you can see where i'm going with this. Why you told your girlfriend / wife about your trips to LOS I dont know. Why you would dump her for trying to rationalise what is going on in your head , I dont know. This is in no way a flame , but you have to know what happens there will not very likely happen here and I would not blame someone here for not understanding/providing what goes on there. I'm sure you will receive other opinions as to what to do , read and weigh , this post is just mine.

Good luck to you !!

BadaBing

Relationship was going to crap prior to the first trip, LOS just accelerated the process. Prior to my relationship I had relationships with non-US born chicks usually first generation immigrants. I have been completely spoiled by their treatment of me. LOS just reinforced what I already knew about Non-US babes, they treat me a hell of a lot better and naturally cater to my needs. I never try to compare the different chicks because culturally it's like trying to compare apples to oranges.

I guess in essence my point or question is why even try to formulate a permanent relationship with an American woman who I know can't satisfy me, yet my life is here my source of income is here etc. Where is the compromise that can make one happy? Do you live for trips, import a wife from abroad, save every dime for a few years and move to your paradise of choice?

Since I don't have a woman maybe now is a good time to pursue that Doctorate I knew I would never attempt!

quote:

Originally posted by jjsushi:

I am just curious if anyone's relationship went into the shitter after their experiences in LOS? My relationship which was already in an inevitable decline prior to LOS(therefore I soley can't blame LOS), really crashed and burned after the 3rd trip. It took about 6 more trips before I put the last nail in the coffin and it was hammered shut 7days after a trip.

I never tried to make direct comparisons with my everyday reality vs. my vacation, yet the truth kept staring me in the face. My girl in the States couldn't come close to doing the little shit that a Thai prostitute would do or even a regular Thai girl would do to make me happy. The treatment I enjoyed she viewed as subservient and put her in an inferior position. She never understood that giving me a little honey would buy her the whole damn hive.

The question now for me is what the hell do I do now? I am still young but I don't want to go through a cultural breakdown process with another American chick,yet not having a steady sucks.

Anyone with the same dillema?

I wasn't in a relationship at the time of my first trip, but when I got back I couldn't be bothered. American girls suddenly seemed like lumberjacks with breasts.

Lumberjacks with breasts! I love it! Do they wear the black and two tone red square jackets and steel toe reinforced boots? Well they do in my neck of the woods! I can't superimpose my LOS value systems on these women in NYC because it might come down to a fistfight or a good tounge lashing at best. I just don't take em seriously anymore. If I call, I call, if I don't, I don't. Simple. I am even screening chicks out on the answering machine. Its not doing much for my sex life here but at least when I do score it is with a female I like and has put up with my bullsh*t.

Mykal

Mykal

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: mykal ]

I don't know about you US guys, but here in Sweden the girls wouldn't touch me with a pair of remote controlled plyers if they know where I been laugh.gif" border="0 that suits me fine, I don't have to lie when I wanna go to LOS and I always told the truth to anyone asked me what I done in LOS. It's my life and I gonna live it the way I want! cool.gif" border="0

I am just curious if anyone's relationship went into the shitter after their experiences in LOS? My relationship which was already in an inevitable decline prior to LOS(therefore I soley can't blame LOS), really crashed and burned after the 3rd trip. It took about 6 more trips before I put the last nail in the coffin and it was hammered shut 7days after a trip.

I never tried to make direct comparisons with my everyday reality vs. my vacation, yet the truth kept staring me in the face. My girl in the States couldn't come close to doing the little shit that a Thai prostitute would do or even a regular Thai girl would do to make me happy. The treatment I enjoyed she viewed as subservient and put her in an inferior position. She never understood that giving me a little honey would buy her the whole damn hive.

The question now for me is what the hell do I do now? I am still young but I don't want to go through a cultural breakdown process with another American chick,yet not having a steady sucks.

Anyone with the same dillema?

Archived