will the 2 april elections affect things!!

keith doug

From past experiences, no alcohol will be SOLD from 18:00 on Saturday until Midnight on Sunday.

Some businesses, universities will be closed on that Monday.

Bars can stay open, but without selling alcohol.

In practice, many bars will close on Saturday night, and then open on Sunday with sales of alcohol being allowed after the polls close at 6:00 pm on Sunday.

Not saying that this year will be the same, but that has been the pattern in the past.

The worst part is all the "By-Elections" that happen afterwards. I think last time BKK had 3 in total, and some provinces like Ubon had 5 weeks of this happening.

And I'm sure the girls will all go home to vote .

I asked a BG the other night about the elections. Her take: they'll be paying much more for votes this time around - at least three times what they paid in the last election. So...maybe a few will go home to "vote".

keith doug said:

just reading about the forthcomming thaskin elections!! on 2 april OR before..

just wondered how this will affect tourists arriving !! ie :: having a drink ,, going out !!etc....

No, you will still be allowed to ask the same questions over and over again without being forced to spell correctly. So nothing will "affect" us, especially not the "taskin"-election.

MaW

If the army tanks get called out to squish the protesters like cockroaches a la Tiananmen Square or someone blows Thaksin's brains out, expect the bars to close for a couple of days. Otherwise, normal election-period hours.

Archived