Standby Flights from Bangkok

Fidel

"Standby" means you already have a ticket and you wish to fly on a space available basis. That is, you have a ticket dated for say 16 May, but you want to fly tomorrow instead. You show up at the airport the day you want to fly, and ask if there are any standby seats available. If your ticket can be used in that way, they will tell you to wait until 30 minutes before the flight is scheduled to leave (unless there are a lot of empty seats). At that time, they will process you and you rush to the gate to catch the flight while you hope that your luggage also makes it. Generally there is no cost.

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

SD, as Fidel asks "How expensive are standby flights?" I guess he doesn't have the ticket. But cheap standby flights are mostlly just related to package tours (with hotel or just a seat), at normal airline flights the ticket you buy in airport is the official price and that price nobody really pays normally. So if the cheapest ticket you can buy in Don Muang is 65,000 baht you can the same inside Bangkok at least 30 % cheaper.

So if you want to find cheap tickets use a travel agent in Bangkok or the airline office inside town if you want a regular airline, package tour airlines however you can probably buy cheaper in airport.

Hi,

I needed an urgent way out of LOS, got notice 11 feb.

Hit the first travel agency on main road Udon Thani and we started lookingfor anything heading to Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London with final destination Brussels. took two hours to find something dated 14th/15th, first hit was 46k, second 44k, third 40k.

Be carefull for return dates, depending on tarif rule (1 month, 3 months, 6 months and fees to change dates)

Next day on internet hit BA website via some search engine (would like to find this one back into my favorites, but doesn't work from here...) found seats available to LHR for 15th at 40k baht, electronic ticket I suppose, did not finalize that booking)

Now I am freezing my ass off here in farangland on behalf of a shitty insurance company, to hell with them :onfire:

Archived