Owning a car in Thailand

asiafun

In Bangkok my wife drives a 2004 Mini Cooper Sports (very compact, convenient and quick) and I drive a 2005 Lexus RX 330(nice high wheel base, lots of room for your buddies golf clubs). Stuff driving a benz or bmw in LOS , you just draw too much unwanted attention to yourself. You should choose a car that is practical and blends in.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alphamale said:

In Bangkok my wife drives a 2004 Mini Cooper Sports (very compact, convenient and quick) and I drive a 2005 Lexus RX 330(nice high wheel base, lots of room for your buddies golf clubs). Stuff driving a benz or bmw in LOS , you just draw too much unwanted attention to yourself. You should choose a car that is practical and blends in.

What a [no need for name calling - KS]

For a Start the Mini Cooper is a Fucking BMW and a Fortuner is just as practical as a Lexus at a Third of the price.

I live 400 miles away from BKK, in an area with many bad roads, so I swear by my 4WD pick up truck. If i would live in BKk (have some years ago), I wouldn't dream of owning a car, i'd use taxis and BTS and motocy taxi, just rent a car when needed. (remember, if it Floats, flies or fucks, cheaper to rent than to own)

I used to hate the idea of driving in BKK, anywhere else in LOS no problem. First drive was in an Altis, i felt dwarfed by other traffic, and uncomfortable. But when I brought my fairly high Lot Kabba to BKK, I felt higher and safer, better vision, more respected by some of the other traffic. being very dusty and mudsplattered also helps, they think you're a country bumpkin, and avoid coming close to you, because obviously you can't drive.

Fatbastard said:

I would have thought an Alpha Male would have driven a Hummer or maybe thats a Macho male, silly old bugger that I am I always get confused the two. Anyway we now know he's awfully rich and doesn't like to stand out. :)

My car is leased.I dont pay a dime for it.

Any other assumptions ?

[Can we please keep this civil? - KS]

Archived