Do BG's head home for Songkran?

monkey39

There is NO way to avoid a drenching in Pattaya.The party lasts for about an entire week-longer than anywhere else...

Its pretty much a "waterzone". Watch out for eye infections. The time I was there some 10 years ago during Songkran I found water goggles ot be very helpful!! :)

I must admit that a shot of water in the right spot was very helpful for some of those stuffy farang chicks...

I got nailed quite heavily myself ::

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping Chiang Mai is a bit tamer than Bangkok, from the stuff I've read. Anyway, I'm making sure I have some small plastic baggies to carry stuff around in my pockets.

I'd like to check out Songkran at least once, but probably won't make a habit of it. I'm finding that I enjoy Thailand a lot more during low season - less knuckleheads roaming around (board members excluded, of course!::)

monkey39

Songkran is the old new year and is officially April 13 to 15. It's a government holiday. But for some reason Pattaya celebrates it AFTER the official date. Apparently, the gals go home for the real Songkran and then come back to Pattaya for the un-Songkran.

p.s. The water throwing should stop at sundown. Thais probably will stop, but with drunken Farangs in Pattaya, you never know.

Flashermac said:

Songkran in Chiang Mai lasts for six days!

Six days? Well, I'll only be there for two, but I'm heading down to Pattaya for a few days afterwards, so it looks like I'm get to experience the fun there, also! Wouldn't worry about it too much, except that I wear glasses, so a face full of water will leave me half blind. Man, I need my good vision, otherwise I could end up flirting with the wrong girl! Good thing I'll have a wingman with me. :relieved:

monkey39

Many Soi Cowboy bars upped the barfine to 1000 for a few nights over Songkran last year. The reason was to keep most of the girls at the bar during this time. No girls, no customers. If the girls wanted to take those days off and had no "sponsor", they'd have to pay the barfine themselves. Accordingly, lots of girls (but not a lot getting barfined). I just made arrangements to meet them after the bar closed.

HH

Glasses is my problem too (that and a low drunk dickhead threshold) so I'm thinking I might wear contacts and some goggles of some kind. Might have to hire some local muscle to keep the pissed up farangs at bay!

Archived