Nigerian Scammers

bust

Mate of mine works for a company who has an office in BKK and told me yesterday about on his last visit while standing outside the Siam Paragon was approached by two guys claiming to be exiled son of a general who was assasinated recently in Nigeria. Usual crap long well thought out story with the opportuniity to help them get their inheritance out of the country setting up a businees etc. I thought these guys only worked the internet. BEWARE :redflag:

Psychiatrist 'gave millions to email scammers'

Tom Espiner

ZDNet UK

March 03, 2006, 12:55 GMT

Louis Gottschalk, a noted US psychiatrist, has allegedly lost up to $3m through a 419 scam

An eminent US psychiatrist has fallen victim to Internet scammers who have defrauded him of millions of dollars, according to reports on Friday.

Guy Gottschalk, the son of 89-year-old psychiatrist Dr Louis Gottschalk, has reportedly filed papers in a California court in which he states that his father was tricked into sending up to $3m (£2m) to the fraudsters, in the hope of receiving a substantial sum back.

Guy Gottschalk is seeking to remove his father as administrator of the family's $8m estate.

Dr Louis Gottschalk, who still works at the University of California, Irvine, famously claimed in 1987 that President Ronald Reagan's mental abilities may have started to become impaired as early as 1980, at the start of his presidency.

"While it seems unlikely, even ludicrous, that a highly educated doctor like [Gottschalk] would fall prey to such an obvious con, that is exactly what happened," Guy Gottschalk's attorney wrote in court papers, according to the LA Times.

Louis Gottschalk is said to dispute this claim, and in his own court papers says his son was carrying out a "vendetta" against him. He said that he had instead lost $900,000 in "some bad investments".

The case has been set to be heard on 14 March in the Superior Court of California, County of Orange.

'Nigerian' email scams ? also known as 419 scams after the section of Nigerian legal code that deals with fraud ? begin with a message offering the recipient a very large sum of money in return for helping to move an even larger amount of cash out of a foreign bank account.

Anyone who expresses an interest is then told that they must first hand over a substantial amount of money to cover expenses such as banking fees and administrative costs. These fees often run to thousands of pounds.

Now prevalent online, the 419 scam was originally conducted by letter. It has become an issue of some embarrassment to the Nigerian government, even though, despite the nomenclature, many of those responsible are not thought to be based in the country at all.

BuffHello said: Guy Gottschalk, the son of 89-year-old psychiatrist Dr Louis Gottschalk, has reportedly filed papers in a California court in which he states that his father was tricked into sending up to $3m (£2m) to the fraudsters, in the hope of receiving a substantial sum back.

If you're greedy and stupid enough to give away $3 million over the internet then you probably deserve to lose it.

Guy Gottschalk is seeking to remove his father as administrator of the family's $8m estate.

Good idea.

What surprises me bust1 is that this mate of yours listened to them long enough to even hear their story. They pick on falangs because they know many are too polite to just ignore them or tell them to fuck off. Any stranger approaching me claiming to be be "my friend" gets a big middle finger from me.

wonderlust said:

What surprises me bust1 is that this mate of yours listened to them long enough to even hear their story.

Purely for his own amusement. He was wise straight away but was just bored I guess and found it entertaining. Sometimes playing along can be quite fun. I remember getting the famous email recently and proposed that rather than me give him my bank details he could EFT it me via Australia Post and then when it was securely in my account he could provide me with his bank account details and I would transfer his share to him. Strangely I never heard back from him. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Mum's a junkie whore and dad got devoured

419 email classic

By Lester Haines

Published Thursday 9th March 2006 14:12 GMT

What do Nigeria and Manchester have in common - apart from war-ravaged areas where armed gangs battle for control of the local resources*? Well, according to the latest email to pop into the Vulture Central advance fee fraud inbox, it's a very tenuous command of the English language:

I am Tony Fred Williams I am 14 years old I live in Manchester(UK) before my father die, now I live with my mother in Scotland. my father is from Manchester (UK) and my mother is from Scotland. my late father Mr. Fred Williams was a Contractor in Manchester(UK) before he die in a car accident last years July 25th 2005. he left £50Million (Fifty Million Pounds) in his account before he die. The £50Million is in (First Union National Bank UK) I have been trying to collect the money from (First Union National Bank UK) but the MD CEO told me to go and look for some body that is honest and old enough to help me collect the money.

I could have tell my mother to assist me to collect the £50Million for me but my mother and father got devoured before my father die and my father told me to not have anything to do with my mother I don?t even want her to know because what my father told me before he die was true, now that I stay with my mother in Scotland she don?t even have time for me all she do is to take hard drugs and to bring men to the house and she also hit me all the time.

I don?t want to have anything to do with her, I just want some body that is old enough and honest to help me collect the £50Million from the bank as I am too young to take care of £50Million. Please I need your help if you can assist me to collect the £50Million from the bank I will give you 40% and take 60%. I have all documentation on my name you can confirm from the bank. i am the indeed benefited Next of Kin to my late father Mr. Fred Williams. The MD CEO (First Union National Bank UK) told me to look for some body that is honest and old enough so that he can send the £50Million to the person account immediately.

If you can help me i will contact the MD CEO (First Union National Bank UK) and tell him that i have found a honest person who want to help me collect the £50Million. so when you contact him he will know i sent you.

I will give you is contact so that you can contact him to enable him send the £50Million to your provided account immediately Please help me. I will be waiting for your urgent reply so i can give you the contact of the bank and send you the last statement of account of my late father and i will also send you my picture and my birth certificate. Please Help me reply back on my private email: tonyfw2@mail.md so i can send you all information you need.

Best Regards Tony Fred Williams

Bless. The Lads from Lagos are to be commended for this tale of human misery on an almost Dickensian scale, if not for the delivery. Still, there are some nice touches in there - and the Moldovan email address adds a bit of international spice. We can only hope that young Tony finds someone honest enough to pocket 20 million quid just for walking into a bank. Sounds too good to be true... ®

Archived