This Book Could Help your Relationship?

Torneyboy

longwoodguy74 said:

.... takes for granted that most punters' isaarn darlings can actually read - or want to.

Hi longwood,

Good point, but in my case gf is quite a big reader. Unusual, I know, but she also reads comic books and is addicted to soap operas.

I got this book by mail order over the internet but have not read it yet. When I have finished, I intend to ask gf to read it too.

To lazy phil - it is actually not very challenging so you could maybe cope. It is about 250 pages, but only half are the English text. Lots of pictures (drawings) too.

Khwai

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
longwoodguy74 said:

The problem with this book is that it takes for granted that most punters' isaarn darlings can actually read - or want to. ::

I would suspect they can. The general literacy rate in Thailand is high (it currently stands at 95%) although it may very well be slightly lower in Isan.

Considering wanting to, that is an altogether different issue :)

cheers

hua nguu

Good read!

I read it back in the summer! It's been out for awhile if memory serves! My wife and I often have used it while in an arguement about any kind of thing!

Baby, you have to understand me-see, it's here you forgot to read this! I end up reading several underlined pages!

The book draws the clear relationship between money and love being joined for TG! I show my love and committment differently to TG then to western girls! However, the section on page 50 is a must read for all TG and they really need to get this! From page 170 until near page 200 is difficult but on page 210 I gotta get this one! I found it to be a wonderfull aid in our relationship and easily used as an aid to desrcibe myself...the only problem I had with it is the number of times I keep having to read certain parts. My wife pasted a picture of herself on the covering the back of the book...she is much hotter then the author and has the best personality of anyone I've ever met! God, she rocks!

Jep dii

Excellent book. Our little book club here in BKK did this one a couple of months ago- one of our largest attended and most vocal discussions.

My GF has read it and has even passed our copy around to her friends who have or are looking for farang BFs. Authors do an excellent job explaining to we white boys about how intricately related is love/caring/money and never-ending debt (of gratitude) in Thai culture, such as to your parents, merely because they bore and raised you. Cancels out a lot of the bad they might do.

"It is an excellent book and highly recommended for any Western guy entering into a serious relationship with a Thai woman."

I kinda agree with BB. Is it not more fun just to 'wing it' and see what happens? Learn by your mistakes? Just seems a bit strange to me reading a book to get a grasp on the Thai/ferang thing. But hey, if it works than thats only a good thing, i suppose.

Batty said:

"It is an excellent book and highly recommended for any Western guy entering into a serious relationship with a Thai woman."

I kinda agree with BB. Is it not more fun just to 'wing it' and see what happens? Learn by your mistakes? Just seems a bit strange to me reading a book to get a grasp on the Thai/ferang thing. But hey, if it works than thats only a good thing, i suppose.

Batty,

To be correct, the quote is from Stickman, not me :p

Like you I jump without parachute, more fun :)

BB

yiiiii haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Guest lazyphil

i told my parents my mrs brief career move, didn't cause any problems, they are caring, pragmatic people. Each to their own i suppose.

Archived