BKK-OZ/RETURN.

FAT_AUSSIE

What's you fav carrier BKK-OZ/return? My wife may come over for 3 months soon and I wan't to get her on a plane flying direct to preferably MELbourne but Sydney would be cool. I just know she'll end up lost somewhere if she has to transit another airport on the way over. Plus anyone got any tips for flying with a 2 year old?

Any carrier except BA (direct), definitely not BA, I'd rather swim or paddle...and until about 18 months ago, it was Olympic Airways as well! Singapore (non-direct) is good, Cathay (non-direct) are good as well, but the cheapest now seems to be Emirates (direct), I think they also fly to Melb, is this right TB? The only downside flying to BKK is that they get in about 1am, a wee bit inconvenient for my purposes!

I think that you will automatically be given the bulkhead seats if with a baby or toddler, there's more room for the related equipment etc.

I always use Qantas or BA. They always code share. Arrives Sydney 6.00 am - 6.30 am. On the return for her the BA flight get in at about 9.30 pm BKK time and the Qantas an hour later. They fly direct to Sydney or Melbourne and runs at about $1100 return. As for a 2 year old one word....FENERGAN.....and plenty of it>

I used to fly those BA/Qantas flights in the early days, but after experiencing flights that were packed like a can of sardines, what felt like 40C + cabin temperatures, food running out (economy) and takeoffs from Don Muang that shuddered several hundred meters into the sky (cost-saving minimum rotation speed?,dunno), have given them the big flick, only choose them really because of cost. Last flight was on Singapore, the flight only had about 20 people in Economy and was quite good, I'll suffer the 2 hour stopover, it's not so bad. When are you planning to go again? :beer:

The only DIRECT flight into Melbourne is Thai.

Qantas QF2 now terminates in Sydney and the connection is Domestic.

Would not recommend this if she is travelling alone with a littlun'. It's a pain in the Ass, even for regular travellers and would be hell for her.

Emerates is only ex Sydney AFAIK

Sillypore would be the best option other than Thai, even though there is a stop-over, I don't think she has to change planes so should be O.K.

Since Thai have the only direct service the greedy bastards do not offer any really good deals, but if you shop around the Asian Travel Agents (Springvale, Footscray, Richmond or City) you can usually do O.K.

Best of luck Dumsoda

Archived