TOM CRUISE IS A WANKER!!!

Flashermac

"SOUTH PARK" battle over Scientology heats up!

19 March 2006

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Tom Cruise threatened to boycott promotion of his upcoming Paramount Pictures film unless a sister cable TV network pulled a "South Park" rerun lampooning the Church of Scientology, industry sources said on Friday.

Representatives for Paramount and Cruise, a prominent Scientologist, denied he made any such threats or had anything to do with the Comedy Central network cancelling plans to air a repeat of the "South Park" episode titled "Trapped in the Closet," on Wednesday.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of the crudely animated cartoon hit, issued a quirky statement, filled with references to Scientology and the science-fiction writings of church founder L. Ron Hubbard, suggesting Scientology was behind the scheduling change.

"So, Scientology, you have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for Earth has just begun," the pair wrote.

"Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

Instead of the Tom Cruise episode, the network aired reruns of two "South Park" episodes featuring the character Chef, voiced by veteran soul singer Isaac Hayes, also a Scientologist, who quit the show earlier this week.

Comedy Central, which like Paramount is owned by Viacom Inc., declined comment on the rerun switch, other than to say: "In light of the events of earlier this week, we wanted to give Chef an appropriate tribute by airing two episodes he is most known for."

Two industry sources familiar with the situation told Reuters Comedy Central pulled the "Trapped in the Closet" episode from its "South Park" rerun rotation after Cruise threatened to cease promotion of his upcoming Paramount film, "Mission: Impossible III."

Cruise spokesman Paul Bloch said neither the actor nor his representatives "had anything to do" with the scheduling of "South Park" reruns and that Cruise had never said to anyone he would refuse to promote his film. Paramount spokeswoman Janet Hill denied any knowledge of such a threat.

"South Park," heading into its 10th season next week as one of Comedy Central's biggest hits, centres on the antics of four foul-mouthed fourth-graders in a small Colorado town.

Outlandish religious satire has been a mainstay of the show since its debut in 1997, poking fun at Catholics, Jews, Mormons, Buddhists and Muslims. One early episode featured a martial-arts duel between Jesus and Santa Claus over the true meaning of Christmas.

While Hayes cited the show's ridicule of religion generally as his reason for leaving the series, Stone said in a statement on Monday the soul singer was specifically upset about the "Trapped in the Closet" episode, which first aired last fall.

In it, the character named Stan scores so high on a Scientology test that church followers think he is the next L. Ron Hubbard. Cruise is depicted locking himself in Stan's closet and then refusing repeated requests by various characters to "come out of the closet," including John Travolta, who eventually joins Cruise in the closet.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Issac Hayes, whom I used to regard more highly than Tom Criuse. From AP, in part (more at the link):

"South Park" co-creator Matt Stone responded sharply in an interview with The Associated Press Monday, saying, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem - and he's cashed plenty of checks - with our show making fun of Christians."

Last November, "South Park" targeted the Church of Scientology and its celebrity followers, including actors Tom Cruise and John Travolta, in a top-rated episode called "Trapped in the Closet." In the episode, Stan, one of the show's four mischievous fourth graders, is hailed as a reluctant savior by Scientology leaders, while a cartoon Cruise locks himself in a closet and won't come out.

Stone told The AP he and co-creator Trey Parker "never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."

++++++++

To me, organized religion has cornered the whole "intolerance and bigotry" market. The Muslims riot over cartoons, the Catholics are still paying off the legions of the molested, Pat Robertson's simply being himself, and now Hayes.

Zealots piss me off. I don't care what God they love or alien overlord they hate. They're all scary, deluded fuckwads.

And Isaac Hayes is officially part of the club.

Regards,

SD

Gents,

I had the misfortune of once meeting Mr. Cruise. He was a short little git, with the most akward of smirks on his face, which just seemed to proclaim to all "I am as stupid as I look." Annoying sort he was. Failed to politely address and acknowledge the staff serving him, and made quite the fool of himself. Hollywood, useless the lot of them.

Best Regards-BST

Suadum, I agree with you almost 100%.

BUT: Sciontology is NOT a religion! It is a money-orientated organisation wich will squeeze every penny out of the individuum/company they get their hands on.

I worked once for a company, which hired a sciontologist (unknowingly or not - I do not know). Shortly after a second one arrived, two old colleagues (now broke, divorced and in a bad mental state) joined SC and within one year all key-positions were held by sciontologists. That was, when it was time for me to leave.

They are extremely dangerous and cunnin´g to a point, all other brainwashers (Whatchtower, moon ect.) are only dreaming of.

MaW

Archived