Rushing Into a Relationship

I met someone recently, a massage girl, and felt so good about her that I'm actually considering asking her to maybe live with me, and I'll take care of her.

Like all massage girls, she hates the work, but says she really likes me. Actually, I'm not just thinking about it, tonight I asked her if she'd be interested in moving in with me. She responded positively, but we both agreed we needed to talk about it more.

I've known her only two weeks. She has two children who live with her mother.

Right after I mentioned the suggestion to her, I started to have doubts. But then, we could live together and just see if it works out, no?

I've never acted so rashly before, but I feel such a chemistry with her, unlike any I've had with any other Thai girl, that it seemed the natural thing to do.

What are the pitfalls of this course? Might she pressure me to support her family even though we're not married? Am I just incredibly naive?

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: BadBlintz ]

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote:

"She has two children who live with her mother."

"Might she pressure me to support her family even though we're not married?"

Think about it!! You like her to life with you. Therefore, you take her out of her job (nothing bad at all if this what you like to do). What kind of a person would it be if she would not ask you to support her family as her family looks after her children.

Cheers

Hi,

Yep, agree with BKKFreak. She was working to support her kids and parents. You asked her to give up the job, so she will most likely expect you to take over the support role (i.e. give her money to send home).

I suggest you think about this long and hard before making a definite decision.

Sanuk!

Don't move her in straight away! Once you get one of these girls in, they are really hard to get rid of if things don't work out. Tell her to maybe spend a couple of nights a week with you per week for a while and see hwo you like it. Living with Thai girls is a whole different matter, especially if they stop working...

Good luck - and try not to rush into things...

Stick

I'm with Stickman for this one.

Don't move her in right away. Let her stay a while without making anything 'official'.

It's also a good idea to let her keep working, that way, if you get bored or something doesn't work out, her life returns to how it was before you two got together.

We all meet girls we think are 'the right one' and our hearts take over of our heads and we make grand plans... plans that are built over time but can be demolished over-night.

I lived with a thai girl once, and I'll be damned if I let it happen again.

Thanks again for all the thoughtful advice. Actually, if I go through with this I DO intend to pay her. I asked her what she makes from the massage parlor (and if I understood her correctly, they are ripping her off royally, giving her a salary of 10K per month plus housing instead of 66 percent or so of each customer's payment as other massage parlors do, but i need to clarify this with her) and I would at least match that salary. What i am worried about is that she'd want me to take care of her mother, babies, brothers and sisters, uncles and second cousins, in ADDITION to the salary.

If I were to pay her 10K per month plus take care of her expenses, I think that would amount to pretty much the same as what I pay every month on sanuk anyway.

Another complication is that I'd love to have her spend a few nights here, but that could get pretty expensive if I'm paying the massage parlor's rate. I'd rather pay her directly. But one way or another, I definitely should have her over for a test run first.

I think that you all are right and I will give this more time.

Another complication is that I'd love to have her spend a few nights here, but that could get pretty expensive if I'm paying the massage parlor's rate. I'd rather pay her directly. But one way or another, I definitely should have her over for a test run first.

BUT IT STILL WOULD BE CHEAPER THAN GET AWAY

FROM HER WHEN SHE HAS MOVED IN.

Didier

Archived