What the hell have I gotten myself into?

bromad72

one observation I like to make:

(do others notice this too ?)

The money for booze for her sisters wedding:

Has anyone had a tg ask for money for herself

( big bux, not just small stuff) and not for some other person or cause.

no matter what the reason or who its for, it still comes out of our pocket.

IMHO, another case of them knowing we will try to do the "right thing"

Makes me wonder if any politicians have had TGFs. ( pitting them aginst each other would probably be a draw)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by peesooahbkk:

Well, things didn't work out. Once it was daily life and forever, her violent temper and my flirting tendencies clashed like flames and gasoline. Even after maybe 150 "artificial" days together, we hadn't really grasped the whole picture.

B-Fly BKK

SNIP

I know what you are talking about especially concerning the hot temper. Why were we ever led to believe that thai women are meak and mellow with a "Jai Yen" attitude.

I`ve lived in Brazil for a while and believe me when I say there isn`t that much difference in temper between thai girls and brazilian girls regardless of what the stereotypes say.

Working where I do pussy is no problem, companionship is a whole nother matter altogether.

I had never really thought about the whole deal until she asked me that question. It was seperate from the money issue and the money is not really that big of an issue.

My biggest concerns are how I feel about her, how she feels about me and how I feel about myself.

I did not take the trip to get pussy alone. I have always loved asian culture and women and Thailand seemed like a natural choice. The dollar is strong against the baht and seemed like a wonderful idea: get to see the world while I am still young. I hooked up with her for a tour guide as much as anything and she attached herself to me.

And flyeonzewall: She is 26 so her shelflife is probably quickly running out. And I really do not want to hurt anyone.

The real question to me is not the money it is the whole dynamic and how I feel about it. I am posting here to get your opinions oh wisened sages :-)

Thanks again

It seems to me that Zane May's posting is a very astute reading of the situation. We many times feel honor-bound because we know that the bgs are lied to constantly and we want to be different and not cause further harm. IMO, if money's no object and honor must be satisfied, send a few bucks and then move on. There is no way you can forge a long-term relationship from thousands of miles away, based on a 2-week visit.

Perhaps more to the point, you say you manage a strip club in the US. This must take some degree of business sense and education. What if you had a girl working at your club. She was very pretty and had a nice attitude. She also had a 4th grade education, was rather street-hardened and had been working for several years as a prostitute. Would you marry her? IF so, fine. If not, what makes you think that marrying a Thai bg would be any different? Compounding the problems are the distance and vast cultural gap.

Send the dough if you want, but stop and have a serious reality check.

Good luck.

PhordPhan

smile.gif" border="0

Bromad,

You've already fulfilled any financial commitment you made. She is almost certainly much better off financially having met you, so don't worry about that if you want to break it off.

You are too young to need to settle down with this girl and you haven't spent enough time in Thailand to make an informed choice even if you wanted to.

Tell her that you really like her, but that you don't think you can marry her or support her. She should go back to work and tell her you will try to see her on your next trip. When you go back to Thailand spend more time with other women and get comfortable with the people and the culture. Try to meet and/or date some non-working girls and see how they compare.

This girl may indeed be the perfect girl for you, but that is highly improbable. If you have the patience you can find many more girls who are similar or better (as far as you can tell).

If you can afford to go to Thailand once or twice a year and work in a gogo then you should be able to manage a few more years without making any commitments. You won't have found your "soul-mate", but your basic needs are taken care of.

Be honest with her and yourself, don't rush into anything and don't overcommit yourself.

I'm perhaps getting myself into some similar shit, but so far I've used a slightly different strategy with some luck.

I agree every trip to thai is sort of a phantasy & back home you always get the 'bkk blues' & will be a very easy target for demands from those sweet TG's you have met up with!

However I feel one needs many trips & many TG encounters & still one don't quiete get it!!!

For me I've begun to call up 'regulars' from previous trips that I had great times untill 1 of us choose to 'end' our 'relationship'. Parallel I'm meeting even better new girls on most trips, so an balance of steady 'old regulars' & new exciting girls are somewhat kept...

However as of now I'm afraid I'm getting more & attached to a few girls eventually wanting a 'serious' relationship with one? still I'm trying hard to be a butterfly as you generally get the most fun that way...

Lessons learnt / advice could be to only stay involved as long as the girl are truly interested (for whatever reason?) so even one are desperately in love with a certain, but she only treat you like a atm stupid cow then better forget her!

Also even you have been with a TG a loooong time you'll never really get to know her untill you stay with her for years in LOS or take her to farangland!!!

Anyways best of luck & hope you can use my story as just another farang in love with LOS ;-)

I also once had a girl ring me and ask for 20 000baht for her sisters wedding! why would I want to pay for that????? I had never met her never spoke to her, I refused.

3 months later when I got there she still wasnt married and was still workin the bars.

Dont thai's give money gifts at weddings? this could test her, tell her you will lend the money to her and when they get all the cash from the wedding she can pay it back!!

250 people going at about 1000baht a person aint bad going.

This is one of the best threads ever read here. After my third trip this year I find myself in similar territory (picking up new girls while still frequenting some of the earlier conquests). Though I have tons of girls here in Japan, a TG has broken into my heart and it's a dangerous thing. Silly but I even introduced her to someone I consider to be well seasoned in the subject matter, hoping his radar, in some Poirot-esque way would shed light on a decision only I can make. Perhaps posting on this later in my trip report would be best, since just returning home tonight is hurting me worse than I thought. Thanks to everyone who posted on this, whether from a half full or half empty perspective.

Smitty

• 2 weeks later...

Archived