Need some advice from the guys

BJ_Blackowitz

I know, This process is allready going of for almost a year.

When doing the travel I WILL see people with way more problems then I have and with way less money and possibilities to improve.

Also the abstinence of IT work should reset my mind and recharge the Batteries ( both for endurance and for creativity )

I all that has not worked, I must see what else can be done, (medication, therapy, general change) but I will still have had a good trip I hope.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MadStockBroker said:

Shave your head and go pray in a Temple for 6 months.

When you come out your balls will be the size of watermellons and you will spend then next 6 months shagging anything that moves. And quite possibly several that don't move.

Shave the head ?? I am allready bald .:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BJ_Blackowitz said:

Would it be a good idea to travel 6 weeks without wife to LOS, CAMBO, LAOS semi-backpacking, to get rid of the urges, see the local life and refocus again, or would that be contra produktive , remeber

what do YOU think

That's a good one, I am still laughting.

Rather like me. I never finished living ( or growing up?) in my early years. Other things, problems, etc..... When I reached my fourties I realizied I had strong feelings to pick up where I left off. This included smoking and backpacking.

After of short while of semi-backpacking ( forced myself not to buy a new hostel card and euro-rail card ) I came to a frighting conclusion: I want to stay in 1th class hotels, travel business class, fuck the higher price whores....etc....Where was I getting this backpacking shit from?

I figured I lived as a reclusive during most of my life and the longings of a better life never left. But the longings and feelings are that of a younger man. Remember that you will be experiencing this new life as a fourty + man.

I do not mean to rain on your parade but this is the new realitiy.

As for me, I re-thought my life. Force myself not to start smoking again (after 25 years.) And to save my money until I have enough to live the life I want to live while traveling....including hotels with nice pools, great airlines, hot nightclubs, good food....hot chicks ( younger of course.)

Shit. :D

If ur like me u get really bored with certain shit quickly. I left my career 2x and could have been a multi-millionaire by now if I stuck with it. Boredom is also the reason my I can't sustain a long term committed relationship. Always looking for the "next" thing or the challenge.

I thought of moving to LOS several times but realized I would go bonkers if I did from lack of challenges and stimulation. I am not in my forties so I have no idea if what u r having is a mid life crisis, but I can tell that your sort of like me which is shark like. Sharks have to keep swimming because if they don't they will die.

I figured out a while ago that for me the "place" or destination or result is actually minor. What keeps me going is the "process".

Archived