Thailand domestic online booking

jai-dee

Not sure what your looking for, the offficial Thai Airlines domestic booking page, Air Asia's and Nok Airs?

I've used them all, very easy to use, but if you looking to pay for someone else, as you say difficult to do, and I wouldn;t trust anyone other than the main airlines.

If you are travelling with someone though, both tickets can be purchased under one name.

DOG www.airasia.com www.nokair.com www.thaiairways.com

I'm looking for an online travel agent that will let me book a domestic flight with Thai Airways for my wife. That's how every other agent/airline outside Thailand that I've dealt with works.

Thai Airways will NOT let me book it unless I, the owner of the credit card used to pay for it, travel with her on all flight segments. But I'm not going to Thailand.

does your Wife HAVE to travel with Thai?.

i had this problem with a Domestic Flight from BKK to HKT and as you say the C/C Nameholder has to travel and i was paying with someone else's C/C.

i tried Airasia and had no problems with the Booking and was more impressed with Airasia..........

does your Wife HAVE to travel with Thai?.

Yes. Air Asia is both cheaper and user friendlier, however their flight leaves too early, with insufficient time to transfer from International (45 min). Looks like she'll have to buy the ticket at the airport, she might even be able to catch Air Asia flight if she runs really fast.

Online booking in ALL cases I've encountered requires that the traveller and card holder be the same or with the person who purchased the ticket online. Too, the card must be produced at check in. This is to help prevent fraud.

However, if you go to a travel agency, you can purchase an e-ticket for another person and they only have to produce their ID when checking in. The idea is that the travel agent has seen the card and seen the ID of the purchaser.

HH

definately not my experience.

i don't have a C/C and booked Flights from Bangkok to Phuket and Phuket to Samui using a card belonging to another person and Female to boot.

i just recieved an e-ticket and presented my copy when checking in and was quickly ushered onto the Planes.

never had to show any ID or the scenario of 'the card must be produced at check in. This is to help prevent fraud'..........'

maybe i'm moe Hansum then you and i look honest.........:grinyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I have used www.bangkokair.com many times and have never once been asked to show a credit card. I have purchased a ticket for a TG and she had no problems either. I know it says that the persons travelling must have the credit card at time of departure but once again have never been asked. Just show up with your e-ticket and ID and away you go.

Peaceout Partyguy

Archived