The Stupidest Thing I have Done

zanemay

Here is the stupidest thing I have done in the pursuit of Sanuk. Maybe I can warn you so you don't do it too, assuming you haven't done it yet. Like most of you reading this, I wasn't in Thailand when I did it. Because I missed these little chicks so much I subscribed to not one, but two, websites that allegedly would put me into contact - Asia Friend Finder and A Touch of Thai.

Asia Friend Finder has a slick interface and pictures of lots and lots of women from Thailand, China and everywhere else. I think the subscription was $25. I wrote short contacts to about 30 women and got maybe two decent responses. Mostly I go no responses, but I got couple along the lines of "Hello. I am writing to you because you write to my sister. Sorry she married now. But I have lady for you. My husband and I start a website with many ladies waiting you."

The real women that responded to me were a bit aged and sounded like typically nice Issan girls with the requisite one or two children and "man-finished-long-time." Of course, because their English was so limited, we could not have anything but the most stilted little bits of intercourse which broke down in total disinterest after a couple of exchanges.

But then the really stupidest thing this stuck-in-the-USA farang did was subscribe to A Touch of Thai which had pictures of ladies and their little come-on bios. As soon as I subscribed, I looked for the email portion of the website and found that there was no web contact with these women. What a really, really bad surprise! This was a website after all. But no you had to write letters on paper, send them into the Thai mail system, and hope there was a real woman out there who might write back. But stupid me, I wasn't doing much else but waiting to come back to LOS, so I wrote to about 10 of them. I told them to email me as I would be in Thailand by the time they got my letter. Never heard from a single one, of course.

My general impression is that most of the young girls pictured on these kind of websites have been there so long that they have moved on to other things. Perhaps old age. I doubt if a lot of them are real listings. A picture of a girl on a computer screen, next to a bio written by the web scammers. What a bunch of crap.

Asia Friend Finder may be a bit better since it gives the last date the person logged on. But I think you have to use the magic word to hear from the better - looking girls: marry. These girls get so much mail they can be very picky. "Marriage, young, tall, handsome." Or "marriage, very old, very rich" would be the types to get responses. One group of listings I saw all wanted husbands over 55! I wonder why!? But I never used the magic word in my listing or responses and I always denied an interest. "How come you no want marry?" "I want freedom." "Why?" End of discussion.

And I think there are plenty of guys who are ready to marry a girl off a website. I had one experience that gave me a hint of how bad such a marriage could be. I was in Pattaya a day or two before Songkran - new years, the big holiday. A lot of Thai holiday makers were there. I went to Tony disco and exchanged a couple of smiles with a lady who appealed to me. I never danced with her, but at the end of the evening I sidled up to the table she shared with two other girls. They were all nice girls - not hookers. I flirted with the one I liked and the other ones engaged me in a bit of conversation as their English was much better. I invited them all over to the condo for a visit. The one I liked worked at a regular job in Khon Khen, lived with her parents and was going back the next day. She held hands with me and was responsive in a good way. After an hour, the friends left and she stayed. She was a nice girl, no doubt about it. A bit too shy - it took a lot longer than usual to get past the towel. She would not allow any light in the bedroom. But the thing was...her idea of sex was to lay there! I think she would have laid there with the towel on if I had let her. Could you imagine marrying someone like that!? Lots of people do, especially Thai guys who can't take a test drive before the purchase. No wonder they all go to prostitutes and so many marriages fail!

As for my date, when they came to pick her up I told the friends that "she is lady for friend, not lady for girlfriend." I returned her in good condition and they went on their way happily enough, no money changing hands. I received an email from her a couple of days later saying to let her know when I am coming to Khon Khen. Will do.

Anyway, I go back to the US in a couple of weeks after three and a half months. The first thing I am going to do is buy a ticket back. But I won't be subscribing to any Friend Finders, Mail Order Brides or Pen Pal websites. Wham, Bam, Scam you Sam!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is that your mistakes were inexpensive. Mine have run only into the hundreds of dollars. I take it that others on this board run into the thousands or tens of thousands. Lesson learned. At least it was a fairly cheap one.

Aloha

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: Mr Scott ]

Zane May,

Don't feel dumb. I've used the same websites. Made a few contacts and sent out a few e-mails and letters. Got some of those "I am married, but here is my sister" letters back. Anyway, I guess it kept me occupied until I could get back to LOS and find a girl on my own. It's always better when you can touch the merchandise.

Later.

- Fly Boy

quote:

Originally posted by Zane May:

But the thing was...her idea of sex was to lay there! I think she would have laid there with the towel on if I had let her. Could you imagine marrying someone like that!? Lots of people do, especially Thai guys who can't take a test drive before the purchase. No wonder they all go to prostitutes and so many marriages fail!

Calm down, they don't have experience, where should they have it from? Their men? They are wellknown to be among the worst lover in the world.

I couldn't really bonk my gf the first night, she was so constrained. But 2 weeks later, she was really good. Now after 2+ years she is mindblowing. They have the potential and it is your job to wake it up. If you want expertise, go to the bg or soapies.

there is a poster here that has given good reviews on sweetsingles..smallpp I think..or was it honolulu??...that is the reason I mentioned that one in particular. I believe he even has a good relationship with the owner. And he has been a member of the board since before the delphi board ...anyway..I have browsed all the different sites..this one seemed to have alot more of the college educated ones..and that is a requirement for me..not meaning to be a snob but it is a requirement for me..and the pics look incredible on some of them!!..they also had the Miss Thai world to add some cred!...anyway..I have used friendfinder and have met a few really sexy Jgirls..one has come and visited me in Cal..no expectations of marriage!!..I have never written to a thai girl though!..

• 1 year later...

>Their men? They are wellknown to be among the worst lover in the world.<

you must have a lot of experience with those guys then to come to such a conclusion. might be entertaining if you could tell all of us some of those experiences with those very bad lovers...

Mine have run only into the hundreds of dollars. I take it that others on this board run into the thousands or tens of thousands

-------------------------------

staying with you on that one. 100s is stupid enough. though, it was not about mail/internet order bride. A lot more stupid.... more stupid again....... yes, I lent money to a TG in the scene. Aie, aie, aie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By a "nice girl" I hope you don't mean a "good thai girl." A GTG will never be in your condo the first night alone with you. Let alone sleeping with a total stranger

---------------------------------

can I say it's 2002, even in Thailand? First night, no, because same as in the west, to flirt, court, and anticipate is a lot of fun, you do not want to spoil that part of human mating.

Archived