Love Scene restaurant

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

performing a daylight reconfirmation visual check on a Korat ex-farmer I ended up in a place carrying the wonderful name " Love Scene " as mentioned above . Is this place only known to long standing hardcore Bangkok resident english teachers like myself or a well known place to anyone already ? if not , I can only describe the location as follows : it is in the alley that leads to Soi Cowboy from Sukhumvit where the petrol station is , and then it is either on the right or on the left and you have to walk a long way right into the building . They provide extremely well trained staff , the young lady only after the second request fully understood the theoretical possibility to use a glass to drink beer and has further learned that Nescafè in a plastic bag is not the raw material for real coffie but the other way round . It would therefore suit this elegant establishment better if they use the word Nescafè in the menue to avoid disappointment within the upmarket clientèle . Worth a visit , food was great . Such as my farmer .

BuBi

Know the place well, I eat in there at least two or three times a week.

The guy who runs it is named Khun Ya. I believe that he is under the illusion that he is a she. Regardless, very nice guy, er, girl, and speaks good English.

It is easy to find, once you know where it is.

From Soi Cowboy, exit to Soi 23, hang a right, and it is just past Ship's Inn on the right hand side.

From Suk, go to Soi 23, and watch for the 7-11. It is on the left, just a little farther. If you see Ship's Inn, or Soi Cowboy itself, you have gone too far.

It is not well marked from the outside. If you do not know that it is there, you may walk right past it. There is no blazing neon sign that says "Cool Restaurant," or "Love Scene," or anything like that. It is just a hole in the wall, typically with a table outside, where a few Thai gentlemen will be chewing the fat.

The menu is Thai, and the chow is phenomenally good. I consider it one of the best restaurants in Bangkok, and not just because it seems to always be open, nor because it is very reasonably priced. I have literally walked in there at 0630 in the morning and found it open. It is where I often end my long nights in Bangkok during the vampire hours after everything else closes.

My favorite dishes there are the shrimp curry, (gung garee, or something similar, in Thai), moo manao (spicy pork salad), gung manao (shrimp with spicy lime sauce), and of course, som tam thai (papaya salad). They also make very competent dom yung gung (the prototypical spicy shrimp stew), and dom ka gai (the classic chicken in spicy coconut sauce).

You can see the kitchen and greet the cooks when you walk in, and they turn your order out really fast.

If you have a particularly rowdy crew with you, you can go upstairs, where you can get naked and be as loud as you like without disrupting other patrons. In practice, it is rarely too full, though there are occasions where you need to eat upstairs. It is very popular with night owls, and it is common to see a lot of really hot girls obviously returning from their last short time of the night for a quick bite before they head home to sleep. I have never tried to hit on any of these girls, as I get the impression that they are pretty tired. But it is feasible, and you might get lucky.

Bottomline: Love Scene is very affordable (almost cheap), very tasty, always open, and very well-located.

Highly recommended.

:)

magician,

there is in fact another Bangkok jewel round the corner , called Siamese Twin Bar . According to Bangkok Bob the scuffiest bar within a 1000 miles which is why I love the place . I fully agree with your rating of Love Scene Restaurant , truely worth a review in the Lonely Planet .

BuBi

Man Limbo ,

and they don't .

My family is of hardcore Prussian origin , we do not jump on any xyz girl without a careful battle plan and a drawing . I met an exceptional young lady the evening before in the area and invited her for lunch the next day . This is for the sole purpose to check on compatibility with circumstances in the river lodge . If approved , we go shopping . Then I travel back to the river , sssaleeping , and await madame at 20:00 sharp . You might remeber my breathtaking report about a failed adventure in the days of October last year. Horror , you still befall me when I think of it . This lass came out of the hongnamin the Oriental lobby in a look-through nightie and went to take a cab . My heart still stops when I think of it . With utmost pride I may report that things went a lot better this time and the wonderful Thai Airways did even have the grace to ring me in the hotel next morning to announce a delayed departure of TG 922 on Tuesday the 12th bound for Frankfurt . I may assure the community at this very occasion that no aircraft related delay has ever been spent in a more useful way . Sawatdee krap , as always

BuBi

Archived