Pocket picked at Juatchak

dddave

Flashermac said:
pasathai said:

really pissed me off, so next few times I had a few pants in the load with some fishhooks sewed in the crotch area.

Must have been a lot of fun when you wore them. You don't belong to Opus Dei, do you???

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Mac, that's a good laugh!

Good come back too Pasathai!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the wallet trap subject, howabout a thin ( empty) wallet with a mouse trap inside. they take it, and at the very least you hear a snap ( and hopefully a yelp) when the open it.

of course, be ready to fight or run when you have a pissed off thai after you

(more from their loss of face then the pain)

"Where did you get your shoes?"

Reminds me of an encounter I had a few months ago with a Filipino gal in the Emporium.

She came up to me while I was sitting on a bench and asked where I had bought my shirt. She said she liked it and wanted to get one for a friend in the Philippines. There was nothing special about my shirt. There was some more small talk about my living here, how nice Bangkok was, her travel plans while in Thailand, etc.

All of the talk abruptly ended shortly after I told her I was a retired FBI agent.

gene1944 said:

"Where did you get your shoes?"

Reminds me of an encounter I had a few months ago with a Filipino gal in the Emporium.

She came up to me while I was sitting on a bench and asked where I had bought my shirt. She said she liked it and wanted to get one for a friend in the Philippines. There was nothing special about my shirt. There was some more small talk about my living here, how nice Bangkok was, her travel plans while in Thailand, etc.

All of the talk abruptly ended shortly after I told her I was a retired FBI agent.

she was almost certainly leading you into the card scam somewhere.

not that you would be dumb enough to get suckered into the card scam .

I had it happen today at Pantip. Had just withdrawn money from ATM and was heading to the second floor bridge that connects to the other side of Petchbuuri. There was a large crowd shoving and I felt the hand go inside my front pocket. I caught a glimpse of the kid as he shoved his way through to take off with my wallet, and as I yelled out "Kamoey" (thief), people just watched him go and started laughing. Nobody made an attempt to stop him.

I lost a lot of cash as I had just withdrawn rent money, along with Thai drivers license, bank cards, personal photos which cannot be replaced, etc. etc.

The worst part was that people assumed I was a tourist and started saying things in Thai, thinking I would not understand. One girld laughed and said, "Good day for Thailand. Stupid farang gives his money to us," and another said.. "Serves him right. All farang have too much money."

One older woman, quite obviously poor, offered me 10 baht to take a bus to the police station. I have said it before and will say it again... I choose to live here but Thailand is as racist a country as any other and far more racist than many.

really does piss you off when you are the victum.

thai attitued kind of reminds me of a theme in the Orwell movie "1984"

of " as long as it does not happen to me" ( us as in thais)

Guest lazyphil

<<One girld laughed and said, "Good day for Thailand. Stupid farang gives his money to us," and another said.. "Serves him right. All farang have too much money.">>

I hope you retorted with something, like go fuck your father bitch!(that would wipe the gormless smile of her face!!).....btw was she a bg or a legendery GTG ::

The worst part was that people assumed I was a tourist and started saying things in Thai, thinking I would not understand. One girld laughed and said, "Good day for Thailand. Stupid farang gives his money to us," and another said.. "Serves him right. All farang have too much money."

Their reaction would piss me off more than the theft.

Thai people are so good and kind with their convenient smiles.

HA! Sure makes you want to grind those rose colored glasses into the cement.I HATE it when they speak derogatorily right in from of a farang assuming the farang does not have a clue. I usually listen carefully and reply with a warm Thai smile.

Look I love Thailand and there are some GREAT people here but this is the other side of the coin like anyplace.

:(

DocThai said:

I am interested if you said anything back to them.

DocThai said:

One older woman, quite obviously poor, offered me 10 baht to take a bus to the police station. I have said it before and will say it again... I choose to live here but Thailand is as racist a country as any other and far more racist than many.

And if you didn't want to confront those saying bad things about you directly, this would have been the perfect time to give the old lady a lot of face by much praise in thai while shaming those around who said bad things about you.

Archived