Pocket picked at Juatchak

dddave

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice if a device could be made that once inserted into your pocket it would open up inside your pocket. As a hand enters your private space of your pocket, the hand would brush against metal fangs which cause no problem until the person begins to remove their hand. Then the tips of the fangs would move up with the hand causing the hand to be enbedded into the fangs. The device could be held in place in the pocket with velcro so that as the hand kept trying to free itself from the grasp of this device, it would break free allowing the would be thief to run away in pain with the device still clutching to the thieving hand.

Sorry to hear of everyones problems.

I just hope it never happens to me.

Suggestion:

Get yourself a back pocket or more from an old trousers - some have two.

Cut them off the old trousers and sew them back into the inside of the front of your trousers - either right or left side or both it needs be.

I know you'll look somewhat funny trying to get your money out room inside your trousers but I think its worth it to safeguard your money.

I have a few trousers done before I go to Thailand and I find it good.

You don't have to keep all your money in this extra pocket but at least if someone is going to take it from there you WILL know.

You just keep a little money out and if you organise your money correctly in this extra pocket you will be able to withdraw the required amount without having to take it all out together.

The only problem I have found is that you will sweat a lot and your money and other belongings in this extra pocket will be slightly damp but the important thing is that YOU WILL STILL have your belongings.

A thai lady friend always told me if I'm carrying a small 'rucksack' type bag - make sure you put it on you in the front - especially when in a large crowd.

She always carries her bag in front and not on her back.

If your carrying your Passport in this extra pocket put it in a small plastic bag to keep it dry.

:t would be nice if a device could be made that once inserted into your pocket it would open up inside your pocket. As a hand enters your private space of your pocket, the hand would brush against metal fangs which cause no problem until the person begins to remove their hand. Then the tips of the fangs would move up with the hand causing the hand to be enbedded into the fangs. The device could be held in place in the pocket with velcro so that as the hand kept trying to free itself from the grasp of this device, it would break free allowing the would be thief to run away in pain with the device still clutching to the thieving hand.

:

similar plan, some years ago ( when I used to go to a laundromat)

I had my clothes stolen out of the dryer while I was using the restroom:

really pissed me off, so next few times I had a few pants in the load with some fishhooks sewed in the crotch area. ( 3 rd visit to the lanunromat and toilet break) my stuff was gone.

I think whoever ended up with the pants regrets his misdoings to this day

( and has some scares to remind him)

Asked my Thai staff and they said pick pokecting is on the upswing.

Seems small crime is, our old german friend who could argue all day and night and is no longer here predicted that petty crime was on a large increase.

Staff say in ANY crowd they now hold their valuables, and move from crowd.

DOG

Nervous_Dog said:

Staff say in ANY crowd they now hold their valuables, and move from crowd.

DOG

I know exactly what they're saying. Almost without exception, there are two or three bars on SC where I'm known quite well. Yet, you can't believe the brazen attempts to, not get hold of my wallet, but something even more valuable. Rather than cause a stir, I usually let the attackers have their ways.

HH

Archived