glucose level in blood how bad is it?

thalenoi

Got my usual yearly check-up 2 months ago

1 problem: glucose level of 131 too high, diabetic level I was told.

Previous levels from 2000 onwards show 117, 80,89,90,99.

Was on one month holliday europe, drank lots of coke and ate chocolate every day before blood test.

Back here I dropped coke and chocolate to low levels (once a week iso daily) do eat some jam on toasts for breakfast and sporadic ice-ceam. Drink a lot of water (2 liters) and daily bicylcling.

Did a bloodtest yesterday and have 117 now. still too much I was told.

I stopped eating cheese, salami etc a few years ago (CVD)

Does this means now I have to eliminate sugar also???

What have I left in life? Fucking TG's? :cover:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy a test kit and moniter daily/weekly Tak blood in he morning before eating. It should be starving level which is no food/drink for 8 hours.

Range is 80 -110 so 117 is not bad and is probably droping when you stopped eating choc etc.

As Dog says exercise and weight lose will almost certainly do the rest

But keep monitoring it and if it goes over for a prolonged period see a doctor and get some pills

I do go for a one hour daily bicylcle ride at 06 am, and lots of sex is supposed to be good also...

Think the daily blood test is an overkill at this stage.

The Gf is the problem, she will be checking all I drink and eat, and life without chocolate is bad, really bad, BB can tell you.

I still have a fridge load full of chocolate :skull:

Just hope will I get it down to under 100 in 3 months time.

"Did a bloodtest yesterday and have 117 now"

Was it fasting rate?????.. If it was after a 13 hour fast you are on the fast track towards diabeties and may get they sooner than you wish. If it was 2 hours after a meal it is fine.

You will want to go for a glucose tolerance test preferably the 3 hour one. That will show you a better picture.

If the tolerance test is also up. Join a Gym, off the beer and shit and hopefully within a year of extremely hard work you will be back on the straight and narrow. Best to get it down now.

blood test was done at 08am after a night without food/drinks.

I am on Equal since then for sweeter additives in coffee etc and no more coke or other sugar drinks. I come from 131 in februari, so 117 is getting levels down....

Saw a guy on thai tv yesterday coming down from 230 to 110 by bicycling and watching food.

Unless you want all the trapping that come along with being diabetic I would getg the to the Dr and get something going as 117 is too close to symptoms......I hit a high or 101 and my HMO snet me to eating school, on a diet and check ups often. Sometime you are just going to live with the disease. I back dow below 100 so that is good says the MD. I did learn one thing good.....Every third beverage whist in bar should be a bottle water. Less sugar consumption and increased flushing. Worked for me as it is hard to lover that number.....Tough, the said my few points was good! IU'll hit 60 next year and take only a little Vit V if I want a good long session after a few beverages...........

Archived