Another silly belief

Zaad

From the gazillion existing ones in Thailand I came across yet another one yesterday during my child's check-up at the hospital.

Doctor examines the baby and shouts : nakleead - nakleead

After the check up I ask my girl...fuck was that? Did she just call our baby ugly?

She told me about this ridiculous belief that (some) people prefer not to say nice things to a baby in fear of it being stolen/taken away by the devil etc etc..

RIDICULOUS!

While we are on the theme of silly beliefs. An ex girlfriend of mine, used to flush the toilet before she would go then flush it again after she used it.

When I became curious enough i asked her why she does this,she replied, "that its cleaner"

Figure the logic...

Maybe I m missing something and it is cleaner...

Hi Zaad,

Heard that when my first son was born just with Luuk Maa added, Luuk Maa Nahgliad. Certainly baffled me as well.

I was a bit surprised to learn from your post that even a doctor would use that term, but then I realized the doctor was a she :)

cheers

Hua Nguu

"When I became curious enough i asked her why she does this,she replied, 'that its cleane'"

One Thai woman I knew was sure that she got yeast infections from using the toilet at the company she worked at. If her assumption that droplets splashing up caused the infections, then flushing first would be cleaner.

Archived