Sadly, I'm off Fish & Chips

gummigut

This is the place on Sukhumvit Soi 23.

The Fish & Chips restaurant. Often enough people call it the Offshore Bar but that's the place right next door (though Fish & Chips and Offshore are connected with a sliding door).

This place has been going downhill for 4 months, I really did like the gravy with the chips and the Cod (important to order Cod and not fish).

It was good enough that I went there 3 or 4 times a month for a couple of years.

Well, they've had staff turn over and the fish I've been getting hasn't nearly been as big or as good as in the past.

Guess the last straw came a few days ago. I entered and waited to order. Staff couldn't be bothered taking my order. Just kept eating their som tam. After a couple of minutes I went to the counter and wrote my order on a piece of paper. None of the two women behind the counter could be asked to take the order. So I threw the paper over my shoulder and left.

:(

Now I've got to wonder what I'm going to do when I have munchies in the area. There's the Italian restaurant in Jasmine, but I dropped over 500 baht just satisfying munchies (food was okay, but I'd rather to Basilico's).

<<burp>>

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I haven't had a service problem there, I agree that the place has gone downhill.

With some colleagues I have lunch there once a week. But the taste of the fish...and especially the fries (okay, chips) has become near terrible. I don't know whats going on there, but it's a shame because I used to look forward to going there.

Hi,

I have recently opended a British Cafe - Fish & Chip Shop in Soi Rambuttri, just round the corner from Khao San Road. If you walk down the Soi next to the temple we are in a square on the right just before the 7-Eleven (turn right when you see "Boss Tailor"

We are called "Oh My Cod !" and specialize in Fish & Chips, Breakfasts and home cooked Pies, Pastys etc etc... Open from 7am til 11pm daily. We are a member of the "British Federation of Fish Friers" (Yes, there is such a thing!!) - they are the governing body and regulators for the majority of Fish & Chip Shops in the UK.

We have Plasma and LCD TVs showing sports, British Comedy, Music and also "Eastenders" (Every Sunday between 1300 & 1500)

If you come down ask to speak to me (Chris) for a 10% discount on food...if i am not about just mention the name "Thai360.com"

Best Regards

Chris

Oh My Cod !

www.fishandchipsbangkok.com (website coming soon)

Archived