One fruitless night in Ban Chang

asiafun

The boss had me drop in Thailand for a night and for some reason I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to swing by the charming town of Ban Chang which is about a 45 minute drive South of Pattaya. I had spent the afternoon there once and found the little bar district quite comfortable.

This time it was a Friday evening. I figured if the afternoon was good then a Friday evening must be very good. I checked into the Ban Chang Palace Hotel and had my room key within a minute of presenting my credit card.

The room itself was slightly rundown. Most lights did not work. Cable was limited. The curtains were not quite on the "track". There was no hot water for the shower but the sink had hot water that would never quite fully turn off.

It was a bit warm so I decided I would cool off with a shower, chnage clothes and head down for a few brews to observe the local talent before hitting up the bar row.

There were about three serving wenches in the bar off to the right side two of which were cute. I knocked back a few Singhas and tried to engage in idle chit chat but found they were very shy.

Across the lobby was the fishbowl/massage place that had about 8-10 girls of varying beauty. I was not in the mood for a massage quite yet so I decided to make my way on down the road.

It was about a 20 minute walk to the clubs from the hotel and I certainly got more than a few funny looks from the locals during my little stroll.

Now the thing about this street is that all the bars pretty much look the same. I never did remember the names of any of the places but their was one in an english pub style that had a pretty good crowd and a restaurant off to the side of the bar.

I stopped in here to enjoy a bit of food before the fun started in earnest. I had the Beef in oyster sauce with fried rice and it was fantastic. The vegetables really gave the dish a good blend of color. While waiting for my meal a fairly overweight gal decided she wanted my attention and began to give me an unsolicited massage.

I did my best to ignore the gal as I did not want her to falsely presume that I was even remotely interested. Unfortunately for me she was rather dull witted and ended up cock-blocking me from going after a couple gals in the club that were fairly decent despite being passed their expiry date for an Agogo.

She wouldn't leave so I did and made my way into just about every club down the way. Some I only paused long enough to poke my head in and some I actually stayed for a few beers.

I noticed that most of them had anywhere from 3-8 girls per club and none of them were the dancing type. There were no stunners at all either. I noticed they were very young as if in training for the big bars of Pattaya or BKK or they were passed their use by date or they just did not have the looks.

There was one bar where the bartender girl was fairly good looking and appeared to be very interested. I tried engaging in small talk but she was very unsure of her english speaking skills let alone herself. I gave up trying to make it happen after two beers and headed down to the next bar.

At one point I was getting another unsolicited massage by a trollish looking lady who could easily have gotten a job at the Ripleys Horror house in Pattaya. It was during the massage the girl tried pinching my wallet. Thank god it was deep enough in the pocket that it was wedged between my ass and the chair.

I felt her make a go at it two more times and decided it would be wise to move on.

I was just not having any luck. Too young, too old, too ugly...why the hell did I stop here. No worries though as I knew in just a few more days I would be back and would be spending my time in Pattaya.

I eventually found a cute gal who seemed to be very receptive and she was just the right amount of agressive herself. She kept feeling me up in order to wake the meat pole. I decided it was getting rather late and this would be a good time as any to pick up a gal and head home.

I asked her if she wanted to head back with me to the hotel and at that point her English took a turn for the worse. Hmmm how could she not understand that??? I repeated myself and then she understood. "Where you stay?" "Ban Chang Palace" "Oh no cannot go have many pee!" Well either that was the most original turn down or the place really had a ghost infestation, as per the local lore anyway.

I decided to not push my luck and headed home empty handed knowing that walking street was just around the corner.

I did ask a few girls the question about short times and they offered that a short time was about an hour and that it was 500 baht.

If your standards are low and you can speak a bit of decent Thai then you will have no problem having fun in Ban Chan.

• 2 weeks later...

That area is the "19 hole" for a lot of Pattaya area golf groups. There are a number of courses nearby and in the late afternoon, the soi fills with mini-vans, discharging hackers seeking a "hole in one." (sorry, couldn't resist) In-house BJ's behind a curtain are B200.

As the OP wrote; the quality of the bg's varies but tends to be pretty low end.

On tournement days, the customer turnover rate for the few attractive girls can be pretty high.

The Pizza joint at the end of the bar area was better than I expected; not great but OK.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to go there after playing with the Lewinsky Boys quite often a year or 2 ago. But lately we have avoided the place and headed to Soi 6 after playing the first 18. Horrible selection of girls. No clue on service either. Behind the bar, sitting having a meal, or up in the ST rooms. No more for this 4some.

asiafun said:

The boss had me drop in Thailand for a night and for some reason I got a wild hair up my ass

Different strokes for different folks. Whatever turns you on is what I say but I think it's spelled "hare" :grinyes:

What was he doing? Looking for the tortoise? :dunno::neener:

Ban Chang,

A wonderful collection of bars on one strip

First Half of the strip

Camel Good food Some good BG's pool table upstairs

Faces Some good BG's pool table in the back

Noots Some good BG's they a special couch in the corner

Jigsaw Some good BG's they a special couch in the corner

McCallisters Good food Some good BG's

Warehouse Needs improvement

Kiwi Good food Some good BG's

Funny Some good BG's they a special couch in the corner pool table

Rainbow Some good BG's pool table in the back

Outlaw, (closed)

Second Half of the strip

Sunshine Some good BG's

Janes Goodluck Some good BG's

Papas Some good BG's

Anytime Some good BG's

Galaxy (open 17 July)

Moonshine Some good BG's

Star Some good BG's pool table in the back

Harlem late night opening

Candy Some good BG's

The Bar Some good BG's pool table in the back

Offshore Good food no BG's

Most have the requirements to be 19th holes.

Lets play some golf

You never loose your girl only your turn

Archived