Zorro visits Pattaya Police Station

Zorro

Alfmaz said:

Zorro I would like to buy you a few beers if your ever in Thailand when I am, It?s because of you who stopped to HELP, he could be left there for dead, OK he has a bad attitude about Thailand he will learn it could happen anywhere.

Thanks mate.

I am actually heading to Brisbane next weekend as I have just scored a three month contract so won't be back til August.

Cheers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
William Ginzer said:

If Pattaya has reached the point where it is now this dangerous, then yes, it will make a difference in terms of where we go on our next bachelor's weekend. This is pretty basic stuff.

Pattaya has been dangerous for a long time. I know BGs that moved to Pattaya to work but moved back to BKK because it was too dangerous. The BGs are also targets for thieves.

Don't be drunk and you should be able to avoid most situations.

MaiLuk said:
pasathai said:

they demanded 20 baht for the police report

helps pay the rent on the paper shreader

LMAO

You have been breaking me up with these one and two liner posts lately.

glad to hear it, must be the "tonigit show" mentality I assume when I log on to the board

Don't be drunk and you should be able to avoid most situations.
You may be right, and it may depend upon what you mean by drunk, but doesn't this kind of ruin the appeal of Pattaya? Last I was in Pattaya, it was all about bars, and last I was in bar, I did some drinking.

I can understand why it would be dangerous to be falling down drunk anywhere. But in place like Pattaya, it seems like 99% of the visitors have had a few drinks or more. In other words, they are a bit drunk, but not exceedingly so. Think of what the crowd in Pattaya is like around midnight. Are they in a state of mind where it is dangerous for them to be in Pattaya?

If so, doesn't that ruin Pattaya as a party destination? In other words, if 99% of the visitors are at risk of a violent attack, isn't there a problem?

Zorro said:

Zorro,

did you ask the guy, if he ever traveled abroad before?

They guy had been to Pattaya 4 years previously and he was a merchant seamen so he is doing a lot of travelling.

He did use my phone to ring his sister to cancel his credit cards.

We all let our guard down from time to time.

Most of us get awaty with it but unluckily for him he had paid the price for his lack of vigilance.

Off topic for a minute but why does a merchant seaman have 4 different credit cards?

SHit.

I found this story on BTF.

It seems like the police have not caught these culprits who are still operating on Second road.

"I arrived in bangcock at midnight, got to Pattaya at 2 am. Since I had been sitting on an airplane (or in an airport) for 24 hours, I went for a walk. About 4 am on the 15th of May, 2006, on 2nd street, two girls stopped on a motor bike, one hugged me while the other bumped into me, literally took the wallet out of my pocket. And escaped on the motor bike. I immediately went to the hotel and called both banks, one credit and one debit, to put a block on both accounts.

The good part of the story is the attention I got when I needed it. The reporting to the lost/stolen credit card account people put a block on it real quick... The problem is the hassle, headache and waiting for the bank to send me a new card is what is going to take some patience. I know the hotel manager from a previouus visit and I am sitting here at 5:30 in the morning typing and hoping he will understand. (Thank god the return trip plane ticket is already paid for) ?

(Never Mind) I hope fedex is quick."

Archived