Zorro visits Pattaya Police Station

Zorro

If i understand Zorro's post he has been a sailor at least five years so has experience travelling. Hard to explain his decision to put everything in his wallet and then put his wallet into an open pocket and then wander around soddom and ghomorra.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I write it before, all those farangs carrying a lot of cash are not only careless for them but they also make us target for the next thieves. After a hit like that why not try a other farang since they carry a lot of cash.

I also feel sorry for the guy but we have to admit that he had it coming.

Another story about violence in Thailand.

I don't think it is that much money either. I am come here for weekends with friends from time to tome, and when we come here we usually carry with us (or have stored in hotel vault) enough money for the weekend. Why? Because if the rest us have to wait while one guy goes to the exchange booth, it's a pain in the ass.

We go to Thailand for holiday, and I always thought Thailand was relativey safe (but my views are changing). When I read about some of the precautions some guys here take and seem to think others should take (or "they have it coming"), it sounds like they are preparing for a militairy operation.

I go to Thailand for a holiday. If I have to constantly worry about getting robbed or murdered, I'll go elsewhere. Who needs this kind of grief. I suspect many others feel the same way.

MaiLuk said:

If i understand Zorro's post he has been a sailor at least five years so has experience travelling. Hard to explain his decision to put everything in his wallet and then put his wallet into an open pocket and then wander around soddom and ghomorra.

What this guy told me was thta he just gotten of his ship and he was just taking a quick walk around Pattaya before heading back to his hotel.

He certainly realised his stupidity as he was cursing himself when we came across him.

It is a hard lesson. He let his guard down and he was pounced on. This happens constantly in Thailand and is also something that is common in business in Thailand. You make one slip up and the sharks are circling ready to take advantage.

William Ginzer said:

We go to Thailand for holiday, and I always thought Thailand was relatively safe (but my views are changing). When I read about some of the precautions some guys here take and seem to think others should take (or "they have it coming"), it sounds like they are preparing for a military operation.

I have to say it again: carrying that much cash plus credit card pins as tourist can not be recommended anywhere in the world. You should definitely not travel to 95% of all countries, if being careless is part of your travel habit....

Zorro I would like to buy you a few beers if your ever in Thailand when I am, It?s because of you who stopped to HELP, he could be left there for dead, OK he has a bad attitude about Thailand he will learn it could happen anywhere.

Granted, this guy should have been more careful, but I was commenting more generally on all of the stories I am reading here about violence against visitors. As someone who visits Thailand for its nightlife, the level of violence that is being reported here seems more important to me than the precise details about whether this guy carried the pins to his ATM, etc. Frankly, I see this mintuae as irrelevant. I wouldn't want to be robbed of any amount. And the stories about visitors getting murdered are even worse.

If you are going to Pattaya for its nightlife, it's pretty likely that you will be walking around Pattaya at night, and that later in the night you are likely to pair off with someone. Isn't that what typically happens when a group of guys come over for a long weekend in Pattaya?

If Pattaya has reached the point where it is now this dangerous, then yes, it will make a difference in terms of where we go on our next bachelor's weekend. This is pretty basic stuff.

Archived