Luggage Tampering

ultras67

OP posted:

[color:"red"]"It may be more expensive but a good solid suitcase seems to be better in the long run"[color:"black"]

That is what I thought! They break the suitcase just to go in to it, and this is done even if the suitcase is unlocked! Before the war on terrorism began, I never had anything stolen out of my suitcases. After the war on terrorism began, I have had a lot of stuff stolen out of my suitcases on a regular basis.

Not too long ago, a report was released that said more stuff is stolen at airports in the US now then before the war on terrorism.

I don't like the shit of being searched and searched and searched while knowing fully well that the thieves are allowed free passage from the airport with my shit. Same shit goes on with illegal immigration in the US.

Hmmm..After many flights, I've never [yet] had an occurrance with luggage tampering. My check-in luggage does not contain anything of significant value, as everything worthwhile is in my carry-on.

Obviously, YMMV....

Rookie, my experience too. So maybe we are lucky. But I too never travel with anything of value in checked luggage, although last time I had three nice bottles of red in there for Goatscrot.

My work toolbox has expensive shit in it but I keep it locked, and thieves would not know that the stuff was or its value anyway, so I get away with that. It is far too big/heavy to carry on.

Cheers,

SD

Hmmm . . . I would not put anything of value in checked luggage. If a holiday trip, all good stuff should be in carry on.

I never had anything stolen but then again I have nothing of worth.

Someone must sell baggage insurance. Get it and keep filing claims.

If business stuff in luggage, then get employer to get insurance. If self-employed, well, you got to buy it.

Mica, R-Fla., noted that the number of mishandled bags was 23 percent higher in 2005 than in 2004. For every 1,000 passengers, there were 6.04 reports of bags that were delayed, lost, stolen or damaged last year, according to the Transportation Department.

I just flew in to BKK and used the TSA locks. It apears that luggage was not messed with.

I have a pile of misc items beef jerky, vitamins etc and all came thru ok.

I will stay with the TSA locks and see how they do.

Next week I wil fly to China but will not carry much in the suitcase other than clothes.

Archived