I QUIT !!!!!

BadaBing

i agree that quiting is the easy part, but also to stay totally off is actually pretty easy.

the most difficult thing to keep under control is moderate smoking with little health impact.

i have had in my life periods of very heavy smoking with 3-4 cigars and 1/2-1 pack of cigarillos per day and i have several times stopped completely; once over a year. i am currently on 1 cigar per day. is this too much?

my target is to reduce a bit to 2-3 cigars per week, but how to achieve?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I smoked about a pack a day for about 30 years but I stopped smoking using Zyban, 6 - 7 years ago. It takes about 5 years for your lungs to clear after you stop. My lungs feel clear now :) -- except when I'm afflicted w/ cold, flu, hay fever, etc.... :(

I quit smoking 1998 and now am able to smoke a cigar every now and then (mostly when drunk and I despice myself. ) even smoke a few cigs when being pissed.

IMHO quiting smoking is 90% mental and only 10% physical.

Do i feel an urge for a smoke right now? YES please baby SMOKE ME. Shit the rains is stil pooring and lolita's is only a few sois away...

Serious, quiting smoking is a wise decision, just think of all the BJ's you can get for the money you safe..

As I've posted before, I used hypnosis about 15 years ago. Worked Great!! NO urges. This was after 20 years smoking Marlboros and Camel unfiltered. I did nthe hypnosis through the psych department at the Medical School at the University of Virginia. Supposed to be ~$200 USD, refunded if you're still clean after 6 months

About 1 week with the patch to overcome the physical withdrawal. Even had 1 patch left that I didn't need. There was never and still is no psychological urge to smoke. To this day, the mere thought of it brings an unpleasant feeling to my jaws- but I don't mind others smoking. I DO mind the smoke, however- but, then again, I never really enjoyed the smell of old ashtrays! :)

Basically, they do a LOOOONG interview about why you smoke and why you want to quit. Maybe 2-3 hours. After that, they put you under and emphasize the good feelings you get when not smoking and the bad feelings that make you want to quit. For me, they just appealed to my big ego. They also presented a scenario of me being in a hospital due to smoking and my friends coming to see me, but recoiling in horror as they look at me, with the lower part of my face removed due to jaw cancer!!

Oy. Not feeling so good. Like I said, it worked great!

Good luck. The positives so outweigh the negatives.

When I smoked,a long time ago, the risk of cancer didn't scare me that much.

The threat of emphysema is what finally got me to quit. It is really scary when you see a friend/relative (usually a smoker) trying to live with emphysema. Not being able to breathe properly is terrifying. At some point, you depend on a tank of oxygen that accompanies you everywhere you go. Some people even require oxygen tanks while sleeping and once you have it, there is no cure.

Following is one of many results after searching for emphysema:

Signs and symptoms of emphysema

Shortness of breath- feeling like you can't get your breath out

A barrel-shaped chest

Wheezing

Feeling tired (fatigue)

Losing weight without trying

People might think that feeling short of breath is a normal sign of aging- but it's not. If you have these signs and symptoms, see your doctor. Ask for spirometry, a simple test that measures how much air you move out of your lungs.

These signs and symptoms will not go away over time- they will get worse. The sooner you see the doctor, the sooner you can find out how to feel better.

Good luck to the OP trying to quit.

Khun_Kong said:....then again, I never really enjoyed the smell of old ashtrays! :)

Slightly off topic, but if anyone does "enjoy the smell of old ashtrays", there's an old banger, street-handle of Nak ? big tits, missing front tooth, three grandkids, and a home-done tattoo on her arse that reads 'Buses Only 6-9AM' ? that freelances out of Soi 7 beergarden that you might want to hook up with. :applause: Stinks like an airport smoking room, and I don't mean her breath. :doah: (Try "dining at her dump", and you'll get my "drift" (and hers... :o) ::)

gene1944 said:Signs and symptoms of emphysema

A barrel-shaped chest

Feeling tired (fatigue)

Fuck, she's got emphysema too, then. :( She's built like a tallboy chest of drawers with the top drawer out, and she was face down on the bar last time I tried to short-time her, clearly extremely fatigued, :drunk: and it ws only 2PM. And one of her knockers was dangling out of her halter top. Looked like an abandoned spacehopper. :clown:

jack :help:

Fiery Jack said:
Khun_Kong said:....then again, I never really enjoyed the smell of old ashtrays! :)

Slightly off topic, but if anyone does "enjoy the smell of old ashtrays", there's an old banger, street-handle of Nak ? big tits, missing front tooth, three grandkids, and a home-done tattoo on her arse that reads 'Buses Only 6-9AM' ? that freelances out of Soi 7 beergarden that you might want to hook up with. :applause: Stinks like an airport smoking room, and I don't mean her breath. :doah: (Try "dining at her dump", and you'll get my "drift" (and hers... :o) ::)

gene1944 said:Signs and symptoms of emphysema

A barrel-shaped chest

Feeling tired (fatigue)

Fuck, she's got emphysema too, then. :( She's built like a tallboy chest of drawers with the top drawer out, and she was face down on the bar last time I tried to short-time her, clearly extremely fatigued, :drunk: and it ws only 2PM. And one of her knockers was dangling out of her halter top. Looked like an abandoned spacehopper. :clown:

jack :help:

Glad to see that you are back to your old form again :D:up::rotfl:

Archived