I QUIT !!!!!

BadaBing

gene1944 hits the nail right on the head. There is no doubt in my mind that smoking and lung cancer go hand in hand, but there are several nasties that develop much easier than cancer.

emphysema, heart disease, receding gums, lots of shit that depending on your genetic makeup can take root quickly.

When I first visited Thailand I smoked a pack of marlboro daengs per day. After living there for 18 months I was up to 2 packs. I often take side computer jobs where I sit behind a computer cranking out work for 25-30 hours straight. I once smoked 66 cigarettes in less than 12 hours - YEEECH!

I had to cut down when I returned to the states as NYC had just raised prices to $8.50 per pack and I was shit broke. I quit shortly thereafter.

I have noticed that as a smoker I was a heavy sleeper, needing two alarm clocks to JAR me awake in the morning. Now that I am off the nicotine I pop out of bed before 7:00 am.

I had to stop drinking alcohol to stay off the cigs for as soon as I get a buzz I immediately look for a smoke.

good to hear you have kicked the habit. I can't beleiev marijuana is illegal and cigarettes are sold everywhere.

Fiery Jack good to read a posting by you...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quit 6 years ago after a severe heart attack.

I wonder why stopping was so diffcult in the years I tried :cover:

The cardiologist who came to visit me at Bumrungrad talked me into the risks leading to cardio-vascular diseases but did not mention smoking. When I asked him he replied, "oh that?, none of my patients are smoking, so that's a non-issue"

I love that guy. Absolutely no problems with tobacco and feeling a lot better since.

Archived