Laos Hiaku

Coss

This what I like about the "Internationalization" of the world.

And whilst this isn't Thai specific, it does shed light on interactions between tourists and locals in the Asian arena.

I came across this translation of a Japanese person's account of events at a guest house I'm going to stay at in Laos. Please note "tie" for "Thai", "bienchian" for "Vientiane" and "territory acquisition" for "Receipt" - see if you can spot the others.

To me the "translated" structure of the language is akin to Hiaku, and helps explain a lot of differences between the west and east.

Enjoy...

?Have not paid you room rent yet!?

"The duplication of room rent you take?

Japanese common sense and common sense of tie.

Duplication taking of room rent.

This, is my experience talks.

Some days ago, Laos ([bienchian]) it went.

Because this time, time it is 3rd, you stayed in the usual permanent station inn. It is incident of that time.

I who by the night traveling bus, go in the forced march, would like to sleep, becoming tired, directly with bet, that you think, arrive to [bienchian] to become, it checked in the usual guesthouse.

The key of the room is received to become, that way it fell asleep.

I who occurred in the afternoon was trying and, this time, to search the town of [bienchian] (combining also the survey of [bienchiantsua]) walked throughout the city and observed in various ways. As for the Bangkok western cooking you think that price is high, for me who have lived in the tie, but when you compare to the tie, you feel western cooking of [bienchian] cheaply. In addition, the Laotian beer it will have been clear not to remain afterwards, is my taste.

Either the Laotian massage for 1 hour 100 bahts, not to be the elbow different from the tie, because you massage with the finger, it rubs and there is no either either swelling, as for me we like.

The next day, the usual way depositing the baggage on the front, in addition, the city was searched. When I who can do the search where satisfaction goes to that appearance, feeling am good, return to the guesthouse, receive the baggage, inform the separation,

?It is not completed. Lodging expense still is outstanding.?

???

In the word which was said suddenly, I doubted my own ear.

When ?checking in, you paid it is not, is??

?It can call. You have not received. Also territory acquisition there being here, it does not transfer yet.?

In heart, as for me, ?the ~ which is put away. It was done?, that you shouted.

In the long distance coach, I who could not sleep well paying the money as a baud, without receiving territory acquisition, rose to the room. As for the girl the front, with the tie person, I whom tie language you can speak had relied on, her to be good chatting. Never, it is betrayed in her, how.

Other employee and everyone (at all 4 people) around me enclosure,

?You have not paid. Please remember well.?

With it was approached.

I, had made baud when checking in, but we have paid absolutely.

That when you say, why, when going into the guesthouse, riding [toukutouku], there is no 20 baht paper currency, the kip (the Laotian currency) with it remembers that hanging is received well.

As for lodging expense 660 bahts and 40 bahts which you hang remained in the wallet.

Furthermore, this time, after checking in at the hotel, exchanging the tie baht to the kip, you did not use the baht directly.

Explaining that, as for the partner ?you have not paid?, it is persistence.

Without paying ?when checking in, why, it is to give the key to me??

When with you hear,

Therefore ?as for you, the regular customer, credit (deferred payment) with it is all right.?

It was answering that.

As yourself, because the girl the front is the tie person, we relied on her, but as she it is to see me with only the duck.

As the admonition for by your, as for me,

Two degrees rates at inns 660 bahts were paid.

Paying fee, because it is to be my fault which does not receive territory acquisition.

In the foreign country, word just leads relying on, it is not good.

When the money is paid, be sure to receive territory acquisition.

Also 7 years having lived in the tie, I of the expectation which understands over and did.

If two degrees you think, expense because the same error is not repeated, they are cheap ones.

So, was truly, I full with lonesome feeling.

As yourself, the feeling that the money two degrees being taken compared to, being betrayed in the person who is believed, it is sad, was stronger, is. Because so, as for the partner as for such a thing you do not feel altogether, the ginger.

Me, still, the training abnormal play [ri] increase it is.

Everyone please pay attention.

Cheers

Coss

Archived