Help needed after phone stolen - numbers lost

torrenova

In the UK you could ask the friendly, neighbourhood, bent police inspector to request the phone company records (if you knew him). I would have thought a similar solution would be possible in PTY if you know the right people, and being in the bar business, I would have thought you would. I don't think AIS will disclose the info you want to a non 'official' person.

Hi!

I don't think you have gotten the picture here. The numbers in the phone book are stored locally and not with the operator. Numbers for calls to and from the mobile are most likely stored but without names attached to them. On second thought maybe calls to the mobile might not be logged as they are not payed by the receiver. Of course if she could get a call record she could always call each number and ask who it is. The lady has experienced something that many bussinesses hav. I.e. the value of a backup. Some bussinesses have even gone belly up because they haven't understood this.

regards

ALHOLK

I am aware the sim is unrecoverable now but if a print out of calls made and received was obtainable, it would help reconstruct the directoty. It would also help if the number could be transfered to a replacement sim so contacts could still ring the girl, I would think this may be possible.

Sorry it had to happen, but I guess the most you *may* be able to get from AIS would be a record of incoming and outgoing numbers.

Do what I did. When I bought my last Nokia, one of the optional accessories was a USB cable. It also comes with some software that allows you to back-up everything on the phone, and updates it everytime you connect it up. Peace of mind for less than a thousand baht for the cable...

Not sure if AIS will do it for you in BKK, but when I was in Bahrain I had my phone stolen and was able to go to the phone company (Batelco) and since I have the original box/paperwork they made me a duplicate SIM so I was able to use the $$$ I had in the stolen phone. I quickly ran the account to zero, so the bastard thief had a phone with $0.00 in the account!!!

Won't help you for the lost phone numbers but may get you back some of your account $$$.

there are 2 number in a phone ,

the Sim card number from the carrier

and the ESN number (electronic serial number) from the phone maker.

I am pretty sure they can kill the ESN number so the phone cannot be used again,

Thats how they did it in the USA if you ran up the bill and did not pay.

and of course the carrier can kill the sim number....

OC

Archived