The Top 5 Places you'd like to see.

Prosal

kojis69 said:

What is that supposed to mean?? I've been back in Yangon for three days and nightlife is as enjoyable as ever.

Sure makes sense to come here for booze and pussy!

Don't take it the wrong way although I will point out that the P4P scene in Burma has the highest rate of HIV workers in the world. My point was more about what a fantastic place it is. Although movement is restricted there are so many wonderful places to visit outside Rangoon. :beer:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also like to go downstream from Manaus in Brasil to Iquitos in Peru by boat, to see the genuine forest and the REAL Amazonia.

The idea is to buy in Manaus a small boat or a motorised canoe, stop here and there along the way, stay a bit in Leticia at the brasil/colombia/peru border, and sell it in Iquitos. And of course mix the adventure with daily parties with Pocahontas look-a-like beauties !!

::

Guest lazyphil

Would my trip from Peuto Maldonado up river in a motorised canoeto a jungle lodge qualify as a real jungle experience IYO? ....with more time your idea sounds good. Pretty amazing in Amazonia.

Phil

Peruvian amazonia on a small boat is surely an unforgettable adventure. I've been in Belem, Manaus, Porto Velho and Rio Branco but the only 'jungle' I saw was too close to be called genuine forest. In Brasil you need to go a long way out of the cities to get to real rain forest properly.

Also what is great in brasilian amazonian cities is that nightlife is usualy excellent (a bit rough, but wild and crazy) and that women are INCREDIBLY horny and VERY sexually aggressive with gringos.

I heard some very good things about Iquitos. Have u been there during your trip in Peru ?

Prosal said:

Let's do it !!

Imagine a solid NP team in a motorised canoe on the Amazone, leaving each town burned to the ground !!

I'm coming too, Amazonia is on my to do list !

As well as some more eastern Europe (see report on Odessa),

Colombia,

Madagascar,

India (not sure about mongering)

Ethiopia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

South America as a whole...it's the only large landmass i've not visited (other than Antartica....not going there anytime soon, altho i hear its getting warmer!)

I want to see the savanna in central Africa....vist Nepal for the mountains....island hop across the pacific....journey along the Amazon and see an active volcano or 2 in Indonesia or Hawaii...then i will rest.

What's up with Burma? Is it safe? Ok to visit?? Nightlife and ladies any good??

Archived