Royal Barge Ceremony

frogpatrol

If anyone is interested in going to the dress rehearsal for the Royal Barge ceremony Tues afternoon, please let me know.

I don't have tix, but what hoping to wander over to the riverside to at least catch a peek.

Dress rehearsals are Tuesday (June 6) and Friday, and the full on show is next week.

This ceremony does not happen very often, so the Thais mob the riverside when it does. I figure Tuesday will be the smallest of the crowds.

If interested, please post here or msg me.

froggo

Already tried two restaurants as 4 people have inquired so far, but both are full.

My best guess would be to try the other side of the river around Rama 8 or Sirarat Hospital. There will be lots of people and we would have to stand for a while, but it would work.

I'll see if George has an more intel as well.

The main Light Laser Show / Fireworks display will be on Friday at QSNCC lake park (Suan Sirikit) on Ratchadapisek between Sukhumvit and Rama 4. Asoke Skytrain or Sukhumvit Subway station (or QSNCC station).

Suppose to be a major show with sponsorship by both China and Japan, so expect a very professionally done event.

Times are 6:00 - 9:00 pm, with the fireworks suppose to go off at 8:30. As usual, subject to change or wrong info.

World Cup kickoff at 11:00 pm that night too.

Pom Michael said:

Wow! A most impressive fireworks display at the park. Have not seen anything that spectacular in a long time.

Agree. Great stuff. Also thanks for the super gathering at your home, Pom Michael.

Where/what time is the Japanese dispaly?

As for the barge ceremony, we went yday and I really do recommend it. The river became both serene and surreal - quite impressive.

We saw it from the Rama 8 bridge area on the Thonburi side, which turned out to be a good choice. Much more room than the Phra Athit (Bangkok) side.

For the full-on show on Monday, I believe that many of the spots which were free on Friday will now be roped off and there will be a fee.

But I would still give it a shot. It is well worth it.

froggo

Archived