Cuba anyone?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All--

I've done the Cuba thing twice.. Both times I'say that compared to other places in the world (Thailand, for example) sanuk is a bit more difficult to get..

First, if you are American, you'll have to transit a third country to get the Cuba (Mexico & Canada most popular).. Second, you'll have to bring a lot of US$$ with you as your US credit and debt cards won't work or be accepted.. Remember that it is not illegal to enter Cuba, but it is illegal to spend any money (without having a Treasury Department License first)

You'll have to arrange a pre-paid hotel.. lots of nice hotel in Cuba.. I prefer the Sol Melia..

However, unlike BKK, the hotels (almost all of them) will not allow a Cuban female to accompany you up to your room.. They will not hassel you, but will hassel her. Say lots of guys trying, but none succeded.

You'll have to get a "casa particular" which is a privately-owned home or apartment.. nowhere as nice as your hotel, but functional.. hot/cold shower, tv, fridge (sometimes) fan or a/c.. the basics.. cheap..

You can bring your friend back there no problems.. in fact, she may know of or even have one casa particular already for use.. much like a s/t hotel in BKK..

You'll most likely get a GFE sexual experince.. prices always vary, but based on (independent research) I've found that a l/t will run you about US$25 to US$40.. tips optional.. gifts of material things also go a LONG way with the girls.. makeup, clothes, etc.. all things western.. not available in Cuba or are sold in "dollar stores" only and are virtually un-reachable by most regular cuban ladies..

Places.. I went (with friends) to these places.. Turquino - first floor of the Habana Libre Hotel.. Johnny's Club Rio and the Habana Club which is right next door to the Comodoro Hotel... all were more or less a hotel disco type atmosphere..

You'll get a much better deal (and have an easier time) if you can speak some basic spanish.. Unlike Mexico, not all Cubans speak passable english.

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

UPSer is right on the mark. Been there once and it is a very hassle-prone environment. And I went before the crackdown. No telling what it is like now. Of course, the crackdown occurred in late '98(?) and may have eased up a bit by now.

Save your sanity and head for San Jose, CR where it's all legal, easy to come by and hassle free.

Lamock Chokaprret--

Both trips were post 1998.. Early 2001 and mid '01...

Hassle-prone is a mid statement... Hassels not for YOU but for HER which puts a little damper on the whole process..

Still the chicas are H-O-T to say the least.. perhaps you should go at least once (to say "been there, done that") then go to CR..

Costa Rica I've heard (having only flown into San Jose) is an excellent substitution.

--UPSer

BelgianBoy--

Yeah.. go ahead and rub it in... lol

I've seen LTU there at Jose Marti Int'l on both occasions..

If are from the US it's just really damn hard to get there... must transit Mexico/Canada/Bahamas.. credit/debit cards don't work... possible hassles by Customs when you return...

almost not woth going in the first place.. almost..

That's why I label Cuba as a "you gotta go one-time" type place..

--UPSer

Its a fun place to go and the girls are beautiful and willing. The girls can be quite sophisticated compared to the DR and lots of fun. Its a real advantage to know some spanish.

the problem is its just not a friendly environment with the police and I found I really missed taking girls back to my hotel. I did actually find an unusually nice Casa but still not the same as a nice hotel. To emphasize what others have said, the police will not hassle you but sometimes will hassle the girl (although I've heard of gringos getting arrested for going with underage girls). I also liked the Dominican Republic and its very easy to get to from the east coast of the us. Gotta try Costa Rica, heard its very good.

kohMarco--

Very true.. I was walking back to my casa when a policeman pulled up (in one of those '50's jeeps) and said to me "hello, how are you today?" in an very nice and polite tone... then her turned to my "friend" and just began to grill her.. Where are you going?, Where is your id?, how do you know this man?.. etc etc..

I never felt in danger, by my "friend" sure did.. I gave the officer a "tip" of US$5 for "directions to our casa" and that took care of the problem for her.. (Also got me better service i think)

--UPSer

quote:

Originally posted by kohMarco:

To emphasize what others have said, the police will not hassle you but sometimes will hassle the girl (although I've heard of gringos getting arrested for going with underage girls).

Thanks for the additional info, and with all due respect, those gringos deserve more than 'just' getting arrested !!!

mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Archived