OhMyCod went live at long last!!!

Guest baldrick

Hello All,

Thanks for the comment on the menu, hope you will make it down here some time and try it out..

we do have copies of the Sun for reading so - if you ask me when u get here i will sort out a takeaway wrapped in Page 3!!! ::

The Federation of Fish Friers does exist - was there for a training course last year...Still got my Anorak and recieve my monthly copies of Fish Friers Review!! Joking aside they were a great help to me starting up the restaurant and gave me alot of advice.

Federation of Fish Friers

Cheers for now

Chris

Oh My Cod !

British Cafe near Khao San Road, Bangkok, selling high quality British and Thai Food - Fish & Chips, Baked Potatoes, Full English Breakfasts, Thai Food, Imported & Local Beers - Modern and Relaxing Surroundings - Plasma & LCD TVs showing British Comedy, Movies & Sports

Oh My Cod! British Cafe

Guest lazyphil

Look forward to this, do you give away battered scraps btw? ::

TollBooth.jpg

Years ago I used to help peel spuds on summer holidays here when my aunt and uncle ran this shop in the peak district. An old toll booth before a chipy!

We called them "Batter Bits" down Loughborough way...I remember when i was a kid, going down to the local chippy to get my free bag - sometimes you were lucky and you found the odd chip mixed in with them.

We obviously have them but usually throw them out...if someone was to ask i would happily give them away!!

::

Is the Chippy your aunt and uncle ran in Matlock by any chance? Looks familiar.

Cheers

Chris

Guest lazyphil

Its amazing what pics you can find on the net, i never thought i'd find one of the chippy, just a little googling and hey presto!

Its a sign of the times when you through away batter bits :(

My mate lived in Loughborough, we used to drink in the swan pub, know it?

The Swan. This one??

swan.jpg

I know it well, just around the corner from my house. A real beer drinkers pub, full of turtle-neck sweaters and pipe smokers. The landlord used to get really angry if you asked for a shandy or even a lager top - he said that he would not destroy a good beer by adding any soft drinks to it!!! They used to do a great Pear Cider (it's called Perry actually - but i always asked for pear cider just to wind him up!)

Cheers

Archived