Laptop batteries

Palatkik

Re-Cell.

If done correctly with the right components, then this should not be a problem.

I had an obscure brand cordless phone (Mobicel) and the battery quit after 3 years. Even Mobicel did not have replacement batteries. I liked the phone as the range was far superior than any others I have.

I went to one of these battery places and they made one for me for this phone. I watched process. They had a jig setup and used my original +/- terminals, and three new rechargeable single batteries (just like original) then shrink wrapped them. turned out exactly like original. Been working great for over a year.

suadum said:

I believe the shop is 4th floor.

Went there yesterday, found shop, big open repair and spares type shop, but the repair guy was too busy, so went 3 doors down where they spent 2 hours recelling for 3600B - saw them do it as well. Now my recelled battery lasts no longer than the old! Oh, well looks like HP service center next trip.

• 1 month later...
Just re-cell it. Either have that shop do it for you, or you can buy the cells (batteries) from a battery/component shop in Fortune Town. I think I paid B400/ea (x3 cells) for the ones I needed to do the battery pack in my laptop.

Far cheaper than a new battery pack and same-same.

Cheers,

SD

Well my re-cell operation was a complete disaster at Fortune. 12 new cells cost 3600baht and they lasted no longer than the set pulled out. Just 3 weeks later they were completely dead. I guess the guy in the shop didnâ??t know what he was doing and my cell case with its own built in electronics presumably was not compatible for a re-cell.

I found a replacement battery on a US web site (http://priorityelectronics.stores.yahoo.net/), got it sent US mail to Thailand. Admittedly it cost twice as much again, but now I have my original 3.5 hours battery life again.

I for one wonâ??t bother with any more re-celling, but perhaps others have had more success.

Cheers

New batteries will go dead with time if not used.

Some have a break in process. Fully charge, then fully discharge, then charge again.

And all of the Sony manufactured (some made for Dell and Apple) batteries are catching fire now (well a few overheat).

Replacement batteries can be an iffy proposition, with all the fakes out there. Even some of the brand names are fakes. Awhile back, many of the cell phone batteries proved to be fakes - sold with phone by major name brand carriers.

Even some of the brand names are fakes. Awhile back, many of the cell phone batteries proved to be fakes - sold with phone by major name brand carriers.

Many of the major names setup factories in certain countries (like China) but encountered problems.

When the quality of their products was ot up to standard, they ordered the products be detroyed...but instead of destroying the products, the locals truced them away and resold them...so well known manufacturers had their defective products sold in the marketplace.

I know of several thousand DVDs players, made in China, should have been destroyed but were trucked to Malaysia and sold in some large department stores there. The person bought the DVD players for $5 USD each and volume sold them for $25. Many stopped working, but exchanged them so people were happy.

Now we see some of the manufacturers leaving China (and other countries) because of these types of issues.

Archived