Laptop batteries

Palatkik

Anyone know a good place to buy a replacement / new?

I looked around Pantip and Fortune yesterday for my Compaq PC and closest I got was a shop offering to replace the internal cells and reseal the case. Not sure if this would be a good idea? I prefer to buy a complete unit I think even if costs twice price at 5000B?

Went to HP in RamaIV , their service center is a joke, wait a week and leave laptop with them as well?! I think I will order on net if nothing else in shops?

Just re-cell it. Either have that shop do it for you, or you can buy the cells (batteries) from a battery/component shop in Fortune Town. I think I paid B400/ea (x3 cells) for the ones I needed to do the battery pack in my laptop.

Far cheaper than a new battery pack and same-same.

Cheers,

SD

careful...I have tried that and have found that a "regular" type battery with the "tit" on it, differs from the "flat top" batteries they use in some battery packs.

If you decide to re-cell it, I would suggest to sneak a peak under

the hood to assure what you need in the way of a battery.

Also, the batteries usually have tabs soldered on them for the interconnecting wires, so you will need to be prepared for a little solder/wiring work.

I usually go to the PC shop on the 3rd or 4thfloor of Pan Tip. He has piles of used and like new PCs/parts/etc. With your back to the entrance, on the left side, corner shop. Owner speaks english and is very helpful but not all that cheap. He has repaired 2 older PCs for me, a Quantex and a Dell, did a good job, one time as he said.

Have someone carry you one from your home country?

Cheers!

The shop I mentioned in Fortune has the exact correct replacement batteries -- they have 100's of styles/voltage/construction batteries from which to choose. If doing a laptop battery pack, use the exact same battery -- DO NOT use anything else!

Ya, a little soldering, but easy to do. Fun as well since *I* like doing that kind of shit. YMMV.

Cheers,

SD

suadum said:

The shop I mentioned in Fortune has the exact correct replacement batteries -- they have 100's of styles/voltage/construction batteries from which to choose.

I must have missed that last visit, any clues which floor or name of shop?

I'll go bac in a few days and try again. The shop I saw had very few to choose, the guy offered to install cells for me without even seeing what type my old cells were, which had me worried. But if they can provide same or equivalent I'll try it.

Cheers,

Thanks, yes I had this laptop battery pack 3 years and still getting over 2hrs from it. Then on an overseas trip in China the power brick blew when the mains supply went temporarily to 400volts during a sand storm and my rechargeable laptop batteries were never the same again!

I believe the shop is 4th floor. I have not been in a while, so the memory is foggy. I do recall it is a bit away (south of) from the computer shops on the 4th floor. It is on west side of the corridor and is huge, at least 30 meters wide, with glass display cases all along the front.

Cheers,

SD

I just bought a new laptop, a Sony VAIO FS-600. Do you recomend buying a spare battery and if I did, would the price be cheaper in the u.S. than in Thailand. Also, should I buy a battery with longer use time than the one supplied when I bought the unit ($260 for the extended life battery versus $160 for the regular battery)

Archived