Robbed by a freelancer

Social_Norm

in general, I follow the same tipping rules as thais:

in an establishment (such as the roadside vendors "where most of the girls usually eat before work...") where all of the employees are

obviously family--and this includes many storefront restaurants--no tipping.

however, when you're in a place that's obviously got *employees*--like most karaoke joints (which are of course also restaurants, since the thais are civilized enough to never drink unless they're eating as well), you do tip...usually 5%, 10% if something exceptional was done for you. by comparison, when in the US, I tip 20% always...sometimes more.

preahko

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bloody hell, how serious is this issue?

Nice Guy Eddie: C'mon, throw in a buck!

Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't tip.

Nice Guy Eddie: You don't tip?

Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.

Nice Guy Eddie: You don't believe in tipping?

Mr. Blue: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.

Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.

Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a fucking (edited by mod) who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?

Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.

Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.

Mr. Blue: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?

Nice Guy Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

Mr. Pink: I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

:)

Christ I'm finding most anywhere that is halfway decent now does have a service charge already, which to me is lame :onfire: It basically encourages the servers to be utterly lethargic because the rate stays the same either way, and odds are they were not trained too well (I'm not talking about 5 star hotels obviously).

I agree that Thai and Farang alike usually leave some cash at high end restaurants without a service charge, but there just aren't that many around anymore. I have to remember to check on my bill. Oh, and alot of my lazy Thai friends leave the tip and don't even notice about the service charge already included and when I give the money back to them it's "mai pen rai" leave it.

BG's eating at noodle stands... of course no tip, and as farangs why create an unnecessary expectation of one.

Best,

TheNUMBERS

P.S. ALL THIS ASIDE.. MY two satangs worth is you might wanna tip your freelancers..

PhilAnders said:

bloody hell, how serious is this issue?

Nice Guy Eddie: C'mon, throw in a buck!

Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't tip.

Nice Guy Eddie: You don't tip?

Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.

Nice Guy Eddie: You don't believe in tipping?

Mr. Blue: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.

Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.

Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a fucking (edited by mod) who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?

Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.

Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.

Mr. Blue: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?

Nice Guy Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

Mr. Pink: I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

:)

Must I point out that this is a quote from a movie, and the racist reference to a particular religious group (the name of which was edited out) was not me speaking, but rather 'Nice Guy Eddie' in Resevoir Dogs. :beer:

Archived