Robbed by a freelancer

Social_Norm

My own fault - I know. I should have known better and it won't happen again.

I picked a freelancer from the parking lot outside the Nana hotel at around 1:30 am and took her into the hotel.

I had 5,000 baht in my pocket and folded my trousers and put them in the bedside cupboard. I also left my mobile phone on the table.

The agreement was 1,700 LT

After a quick one, she went into the shower and I fell asleep.

I woke up with the phone ringing and security asking if it was ok for the lady to go. I woke up very quickly and said "No, I need to speak to her. Tell her to come and see me". They just let her go.

She had got my trousers out and paid herself 5,000 and left with my phone.

The next night, I was outside again and amazed to see her in the street again!!!!

She didn't see me until I was within 3 paces and I grabbed her arm and demanded my phone back. She was clearly alarmed and produced her own phone from her bag saying that was all she had. I told her I would let her go if she just gave me back the phone.

A couple of other girls began closing in and making noises. I decided that I would rather cut my losses than get involved in an incident so I just let her go.

She went off up the road rather noisily, trying to give the impression of someone aggrieved and that was that.

This was on Saturday 3rd June.

Common sense had failed me but I have now learnt my lesson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being the newbee that i am ...the one thing that i have going for me is street smarts ,growing up in the harse ghetto of baltimore city gave me great street smarts that i take everywhere i go especailly being new to a situation...i myself picked up a freelancer or two in pattaya, and no matter how nice and sweet they may have seemed ,i trusted no one.....i made sure if i took a shower first the important stuff was in the safe and if i had money on me it came in the shower with me as well as watches or whatever i didn't want to get takin.....now i was lucky that none of them even tried that shit ,but i was preparred none the less....you dont know these girls good enough to trust them......getting robbed was and is first and formost on my mind no matter how horny i am and how fine she is.......

You are quite right.

Likewise the girls don`t know the foreigner who picks them up on the street and brings them to his hotel room.

All kinds of weird shit could happen to them without them being able to stop it.

That certainly takes some balls .. eh whatever, but that is a different issue.

Concerning your great street smarts, excuse me but that is nothing more than plain common sense now is it?

Social Norm, we all let our guards down once in a while, write it off to experience.

I once picked up a girl in Patong from the street, she brought me to her place, an abandoned building where lots of thais were sleeping in the empty rooms on the floor.

The floor seemed very attractive to me as I was pretty shitfaced so I decided I needed a nap.

I woke up some 7 hours later due to the girl poking at me.

WTF? Well, time to go I guess. When I got up I realized my cash had gone, I only bring like 1.500 baht when hitting town so no big deal really, but whoever robbed me had been kind enough to leave me 50 baht for the tuk tuk fare. Only in Thailand are you robbed with that much consideration ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

My wife would say you should have held the bitch and called the Tourist Police. The problem with this is many farangs don't keep a copy of their passport and visa or their passport on them, so they end up end big shit. The street girls know this. But if you cover this base, then call the Tourist Police and let them handle it. A trip to the hotel will verify she was there. Bust her. If you don't, she will only go on to bigger and better things such as drugging clients. Consider yorself fortunate.

Sounds like this bitch had balls. Return to where you picked her up. Stupid.

My wife would say you should have held the bitch and called the Tourist Police

Right you are, but how do you suggest he did that at a friggin parking lot at night? Restrain her and drag her sorry ass off to the nearest phone booth with her friends all around?

Bit easier said than done.

Next thing you know he could be facing a rape charge or whatever.

I would have handled the situation like he did. Only thing I

would have done different is that I would have told the crowd in no uncertain terms in thai that she was a stealing bitch. Not that any of them would give a shit though.

cheers

hua nguu

BJ_Blackowitz said:

I would have taken hotel security WITH me before going to the girl again.

Right, like the hotel security could be assed to go out on the street at night with a farang who claimed to be robbed. Wake up and smell the roses.

cheers

hua nguu

I tend avoid freelancers because of the extra risk you are taking, at least if you take a girl from a bar you can always go back there if there's a problem, the girls are obviously aware you can probably trace them and I think it keeps them honest. I've never had a problem with a BG, but have several minor incidents with FL's over the years, nothing to be too paranoid about though. Being robbed of a few baht really doesn't bother me, but risking being drugged does, it could be fatal!

Archived