Any opinions on Costa Rica?

Any opinions on Costa Rica? Or any other Central American countries. From what I can see the prices are much higher and the scene is more discrete. Can anyone confirm or deny... My guess is that Thailand is #1 for price and availabilty on the planet. There must be a #2 even if it's a distant runner up. What about the Dominican Republic? Panama? Thanks in advance

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Runners-up in Asia: Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam

Runners-up in Latin America: Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela, Cuba

Dominican Republic is OK, used to go there often. I've been told Costa Rica used to be good, but has since gotten expensive and Dominican girls have replaced most of the native Ticas.

If you're going to Latin America, head to Rio. If you want the closest thing to Thai girls who speak English, go to the Philippines. And if you want cheap, and don't feel like a long journey, head to Phnom Phen in Cambodia.

My two cents worth...

My opinion--

Rio is great. A tall shapely energetic girl costs around US$50. But, hotels are a bit more expensive, and street crime is more of a problem. Start in Copacabana, in and around Help! Disco.

Costa Rica is limited, but good. Though, hooker prices can be high (US$100). The best place to start is at the Hotel Del Rey (506)221-7272. Their bar is named The Blue Marlin, and there are some real catches there! Sure, Dominican chicks moved in and messed up the Tica scene bit, but, now, some spectacular Colombian chicks are making there way in. Yummmm! Note--there also are some small, run down, BJ massage places which are much cheaper (US$20+), but the quality is spotty. (PS--please don't spread the word about Hotel Del Rey to others who are not on this board, because reservation can be hard to get, and I don't want to make it much worse.)

Colombia is beautiful, but I never felt very secure there, so I didn't venture too deeply into the 'hoods, which is what seems to be necessary, if one is going to get some of the good (paid) stuff.

Honduras is said to have been hot, before Hurricane Mitch, particularly in La Ceiba. I was not too impressed by La Ceiba. Some people love it, but I think that they are just people who have not been to LOS or Rio, IMHO.

Don't know much about Panama, but I'll find out this Spring and report back laugh.gif" border="0

La Ceiba? You must be kidding. I've been there and never saw anything worth paying for. Ugly black Carribeans with fat asses. Not cheap either. And I would say a bit on the dangerous side. Hardly "Sanuk" or "Sabai". You gotta watch yourself there walking around in those neighborhoods after dark. Why can't there be more Thailand's in this world frown.gif" border="0

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: joeyjojo ]

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

Honduras is said to have been hot, before Hurricane Mitch, particularly in La Ceiba. I was not too impressed by La Ceiba. Some people love it, but I think that they are just people who have not been to LOS or Rio, IMHO.

Yipes! La Ceiba? Haven't been there in 10-12 years. Has it improved? It sure didn't look like much when I was there. But I was on my way to Guanaja, which was worse, at least sanuk-wise. laugh.gif" border="0

PhordPhan

Posted by vtombrown:

quote:

Costa Rica is limited, but good. Though, hooker prices can be high (US$100). The best place to start is at the Hotel Del Rey (506)221-7272. Their bar is named The Blue Marlin, and there are some real catches there! Sure, Dominican chicks moved in and messed up the Tica scene bit, but, now, some spectacular Colombian chicks are making there way in. Yummmm! Note--there also are some small, run down, BJ massage places which are much cheaper (US$20+), but the quality is spotty. (PS--please don't spread the word about Hotel Del Rey to others who are not on this board, because reservation can be hard to get, and I don't want to make it much worse.)

All correct. Was wondering about the last sentence of your post though, because if you're suggesting that they stay at Hotel Del Rey it's actually better to stay at the Hotel Presidente around the corner. Quieter and as I recall the HDR was charging each time you took a guest to the room. Or so I was told. This info is about 1 year old.

For me, also, it has been more than a year since CR. That is a lot of drunken nights. But, if I remember correctly, there is a small guest fee at HDR. US$10?. Not much, relative to the $100 hooker cost. Ouch. But, let me emphasize that my sanuk-fiend buddies who have been there in the last six months have raved about the quality, particularly of the Colombian chicks.

I've never been to El Presidente. I like the convenience of not having to go outside the HDR hooker bar/hotel late at night, to get to an alternate hotel--due to safety concerns. I checked out the Balamarral, a couple blocks away towards the Grand Hotel, and it wasn't bad. But, maybe I'll take your advice and check out El Presidente. Thanks.

Archived