Lasik?

follies

To stat your research, TSRC is the largest performer of lasic surgeries in Thailand and I 've know two people that used them and were pleased with the result (its near Silom and across from Lumpini Park) . I've used Rutnin Hospital but not for lasic. I had major surgery on my left eye and they did more than replace the lense and stitch some areas that were torn from the injury (I had 20/200 before and now have 20/40). They are only an eye hospital and have been around for 40 years and have a large lasik surgery. Unfortunately, my doctor said I wasn't a good candidate for lasic, but at least she didn't try to sell me lasik knowing that there wasn't a high chance of success. I think that the two things I would research would be the equipment used (is it the most up to date) and can you find a doctor that you can trust? Good luck!

I had excellent results at www.laservision.co.th.

Professional, hygenic, I was very impressed. And I got the 'throw your reading glasses away' treatment. Painless, quick and about 44,000 baht, just for one eye--this is all you need.

Bastard of a place to get to though - way out in Chatujuk teritory. I'm sorry I didn't do it earlier, I am quite happy with the result.

godolphin said:

I had excellent results at www.laservision.co.th.

just for one eye--this is all you need.

That may be all you need, but I needed two eyes. $5000 for the most expensive, highly recomended doctor in NYC. Best $5000 I ever spent.

Every year I bought new glasses for about $600. In three years, I saved $1,800. Making the current price $3,200. I expect to live long enough where it works out free.

Went to one of the best in L.A. for a free consultation, which is usually costly in its own right. He does the Hollywood stars and a lot of the local sports teams. Impressive offices with tons of ultra modern equipment. After putting me in some contraption to measure my eyesight, he told me he could help me. I wouldn't need reading glasses, but I might still need them for fine print on medicine bottles, etc. So....it wouldn't be perfect. Price-$5600!!!! ::

Talked to a guy in Phuket who had Laser surgery there and the doctor told him the same thing. Price-about $1200.

You do the math.

That's a lot of sanuking. ::

jessejames,

Great to hear you got your reading eyes back.

With the one-eye procedure you get one eye for reading and short distances and one eye for long distance. Your non -dominant eye is given the laser treatment. Luckily I had good long-range vision.

It is a bit strange at first but eventually you get what they call "blended vision."

I hardly notice the change any more and still laugh when I can read the smallest of print all the time.

No glasses, it's great.

Archived