Phuket restuarants

limbo

There is an Italian restaurant there called Capannina (maybe mis-spelt) that has EXCELLENT Italian food, as good as just about anywhere in Bangkok - and the prices are very reasonable. It is not fine dining in terms of service and atmosphere, but the food is absolutely top notch! It is opposite the Kata Municipality.

Try out the shrimp fishing restaurant on Patak Road, Soi 11.

You don`t need to participate in the shrimp fishing if you don`t want to.

Their outdoor restaurant with an adjacant garden serves a wide array of thai food, especially their fish dishes are highly recommended.

Their Plaa Neung Buay, steamed fish with chinese plums still bring tears in my eyes.

Very nice atmosphere here and the food is reasonably priced.

cheers

hn

Although not on Kata beach, there is a restaurant called the Baan Rim Pa which hangs over a cliff at the northen end of Patong. The food is superb, the best I have eaten anywhere in Thailand and the setting is magnificent, definitely worth a tuk tuk ride. You will have to book in advance, I managed to get in one night during a two week stay and couldn't get a reservation for any other night.

www.baanrimpa.com/

Elef is right, I just checked the card I got from this place, it does say Karon.

However, it is situated only a couple of hundred meters from the Little Mermaid hotel in Kata (there is another hotel in Karon by the same name :doah::down:)

So the restaurant is right where one beach ends and the next starts on the road parallel to the beach but some 3-400 metres away from the beach behind all the hotels etc.

Whenever we wanted to treat ourselves to a special meal, we went to this place.

cheers

hn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HonoluluJimmy

Too many...At the beach end of Sawatdriak there are some food court like stalls that are really good and cheap. Far better than the the one 20m south whilst you sit in the sand tabels with bugs etc.

http://phuketdelight.com/Favorite%20Restaurants.htm

since you are mobile I would have a look at this list. Rawai is good and don't forget a sunset dinner at Leam Prom Thep OK food and great sunset view. Wow, sure glad I'll be there soon....

Archived