Dead Dogs in the Klong...

the_numbers

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

I was paddling a kayak in an oxbow lake in the peruvian jungle with a american biology student who was staying at the lodge and gave tours of the area, she was just telling with great glee/enthusiasm a few of us on the dugout that this lake had piranhas, stingrays, electric eels, cayman and giant otters and micro organisms that climb up your pee hole if you enter the water.....then the kayak got stuck on a submerged tree.....then asked me to jump in a dislodge it, yeah right ::

micro organisms that climb up your pee hole if you enter the water said lazyphil

that is scary shit and true as well :eek: :eek: :eek: i'm surprised we don't have some of that homegrown in thailand given the PETRI DISH that is every klong in town.

i was once warned in africa not to piss in puddles of water because there were things that could actually "run up your urine" they could live in patches of water. i was so neurotic i was practically looking to piss in a cup.

theNumbers

Piranhas are DEFINITELY banned in Thailand, even in private aquariums. I remember when some idiot was worried about being fined if the authorities found out he had been keeping some illegally, so he dumped them in the Chao Phaya River. When word leaked out, there was made panic to catch all of the piranhas before they could breed. Fortunately, the perp had released them near the Oriental Hotel and the authorities were able to account for them all there.

<<Yes, I also imagine everywhere else on the planet except their native habitat >>

Not illegal in Canada, Know a handful of people who keep them as pets, and are readily available in pet stores and from breeders... Find it very strange that they would be illegal to keep anywhere on this planet.....especially Thailand

Archived