Sanuk in San Francisco?

Must be that faux paint. The waitrons were pretty cute though. When I first lived in San Francisco the Pho shops used to be open hella late, but I guess they figured out that none of the Vietnamese teenagers who parked themselves at 10 and left at 4am were never going to pay thier tab why not just close at 7 or 8.

If one finds the themselves in the massage parlour district at breakfast time the best deal is Moulon Rouge around the corner from Days in (Quality Inn or something like that) and a couple of doors down from the cab depot. The Korean couple who run it haven't changed the decor since they baught it in the seventies, and the wife is always racing around like Edith Bunker. Half the customers are chronic and the other half are tourists.

I think Moulan Rouge is long gone There are still quite a few places in the Tendrloin for massage, a few of wich have decent girls. I been hitting the same place/girl for years, she must be 50 by now! but she still charges me the old rate, so I don't complain!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

You can learn everything about the SF sanuk scene from

www.sfredbook.com From what I understand the best places for massage are Empire and Lee's, and sadly I think this is the best option, falling far short of the Thai experience. Prudent advice to save your $ for LOS!

Moulin Rouge is still there certainly with it's inflated prices for eggs and standard fare, but undeniably loveable atmosphere.

The other choice is Little Henry's the Italian place run by Vietnamese on Larkin and Post. Plus if it was a slow night you'll undoubtedly see some stirring tranny action or just dress at the alley 1 block up between Sutter and Post.

One more thing FarangDang. I think you will definitely feel pretty hollowed out if you seek some fun in interactios with the Thais here even at these trendy restaurants.

The girls that have been integrated are obviously very westernized, but even though I've lived here quite awhile and do alot of take-out. Only some are nice, and many very perfunctory in their interaction. I am always a step off when I come back from Thailand and half think that I could strike up a conversation.

Only in San Francisco, could a white guy go into an Italian restaurant run by Vietnamese in a gay/tranny neighborhood...I haven't been to Little Eddy's in quiet some time, but it was fairly decent at one point. I have to agree with you about the girls in the Thai places here, seems most of them are on to us and our evil intentions...

Archived