Hooch in my Whiskey

zob65

Just a enquiry if anyone has had the same experience. A few times at certain bars I have been drinking my usual tot Back Sodas, have not over done it and next morning woken with a massive headache. The only time when i have had this before is drinking home made hooch in Nth Africa.

I have had 12 hour sessions on the scotch before at different bars and at home and just a mild hangover no real headache. This is why I beleive certain bars doctor their spirits. In one bar a friend had told me that he had caught the staff out the back topping up the Vodka bottle.

I have gone back to these bars and changed drinks to a G&T or even just to red lable, and no headache? Bad or cheap booze will always give you the worst hangover.

Anyone had the same problem.

I think that mixing or diluting brands is far more common than many beleive.

Sometimes it is no more than Thai staff wanting to siphon off some good whiskey for themselves and replace it with something really cheap. Other times it is an actual bar practice endorsed by management.

Much less common than it used to be in my opinion.....but still happens a lot.

Its only happened at a couple of Bars I have narrowed it down to. These bars are where the farang owner is away alot. I would normally taste the difference, but after a few and in a drinking frenzy they could easy slip a few doctored drinks into you and pocket the money.

I know for a fact that most of the bars water all the Lady drink Tequila, Sang Hip or Mekong down , so the girls dont get maggotted on the first round of drinks. Order a Mekong (if your game) and watch what bottle it comes from, then later order a lady drink Mekong and watch them use the special bottle. Does not really worry me as I would rather them drink cola, nothing worst than a drunk Thai girl.TIT

...., but after a few and in a drinking frenzy they could easy slip a few doctored drinks into you and pocket the money.......

Zob, I know we probably drink too quickly when we're on the black sodas, but I don't think that our drinking ever becomes a 'wild and disorderly compulsive activity'. Compulsive perhaps, but never wild and disorderly? :drunk:

Archived