First trip to Bangkok, days 5-6

caissa

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:green]What someone pays is their own choice, "Caissa" certainly seemed to feel he was giving fair value for what he got. [/color]

Yeah, I know tourists that are happy to pay 500 baht for a T-shirt, 300 baht taxi from SC to NEP, and 500 baht for tuk-tuk. It is because they lacked knowledge of typical prices and got ripped. Shouldn't one inform them of typical prices so they can make a better cost/benefit analysis? :tophat:

I've got no problem with that as long as something else is said; like "Nice report" or anything else that acknowledges the writers effort, especially when they are a new member trying to make a contribution.

The constant obsession with the price of pussy and what constitutes "proper and peer-approved" compensation for carnal acts sometimes get more than a little ridiculous.

My grip is just fine, thank you.

I agree the chastizing might have gone a little far of the guy paying 3K a night, but that's outrageous!!

Furthermore, what is the benefit of all the information on these forums if not to prevent people getting carried away? I mean it is not always about whether you have the money or not just about doing things in a reasonable fashion.

It is not just to help clueless people navigate the nightlife and sex scenes here, but to help them do it responsibly. To me that includes everything from putting your valuables in a safe to not overpaying at a venue much discussed on the board :dunno:

It is just out of step for what a freelancer would/should expect.. I mean c'mon. I just yelled at a friend the other night for tipping 1,000B at Limoncello on top of the service charge!!! I mean there's just no call for it, IMHO.

Best,

the_numbers

I agree the chastising might have gone a little far of the guy paying 3K a night, but that's outrageous!!

Furthermore, what is the benefit of all the information on these forums if not to prevent people getting carried away? I mean it is not always about whether you have the money or not just about doing things in a reasonable fashion.

It is not just to help clueless people navigate the nightlife and sex scenes here, but to help them do it responsibly. To me that includes everything from putting your valuables in a safe to not overpaying at a venue much discussed on the board

It is just out of step for what a freelancer would/should expect.. I mean c'mon. I just yelled at a friend the other night for tipping 1,000B at Limoncello on top of the service charge!!! I mean there's just no call for it, IMHO.

Best,

the_numbers

i agree with you...i always thought this board was here to give informed answer's ...though we may not always agree with each other's answers doesn't mean one should put the other persons views down....i see this a lot on here.....if this man wanted to pay that kind of money for sex then good for him and the hoe he's paying...but i feel he should know this is not the norm and that he could pay less and get the same if not better quality in a girl...it would be irresponsible of us not to let him know this....and we all have our own way of telling him this...though some may not agree how the message is carried out...i really think most of the answer's are in good spirits as people are trying to help....what he chooses to do after our views is up to him ,but at least he knows the deal....we can say nothing after....

Right on. And when Caissa comes back for visit number 2 and visit number 72, good for him if he's still paying out 3000 to a girl who made him happy not just all night and the next day, but all the way home - and probably will give a few more smiles in memory over the coming weeks. Fuck, he's probably smiling right now (and thinking about whether or not to send money to his little soi 7 honey, but that's another story...). Is it really going to spoil the discount party? I'd like to think that instead of ruining the market, on Caissa's girl's next trip back to the moobaan she tells all the cute cousins that down in Bangkok at the Soi 7 biergarden, every once in a while a gracious guy will drop 3k on you out of the blue and treat you like the girlfriend of a rich, nice farang - and all the cousins will be on the next bus to Bangkok, where the supply of pussy will rise and the price will fall... Land of Smiles isn't just about the smiles on the Thais, it's the smiles I wear when I'm there, and if paying a premium to improve service and smile works for me (or if paying a premium just to see the girl smile at me the way I want to be smiled at), then hell, I'm going to pay it. Look at Caissa - he's a happy guy and he's coming back, and who gives a fuck if he could've had three hotter girls for 1k each while he was there, he didn't go that route, he got what he wanted and he's happy. Maybe when he starts running out of money, or starts to measure his happiness by number of orgasms divided by baht spent, he'll change his mind. If it feels good, Caissa, go for it.

Fancy spending 3000 baht on a chick, let alone one from the Beergarden. Christ its no wonder prices have gone through the roof. She wasnt pretending she liked you she was very bloody grateful for the 3000. she mustve thought you were half japanese. a fool and his money are easily seperated (no offense first time mistake but please dont do that again because the rest of us will have to spend 3000 baht on ugly women)

• 2 weeks later...

Well i'm with caissa....nice one mate....i've paid a variety of sums....always more than was asked for if i liked the girl or she was good at what she did...

Just be careful to not get into contacting miss GFE...she is a player, a good one for sure too! Don't believe a word of it...

Thanks for the trip report...and i know you'll love Phuket...check out the banana bar just off Patong for some very nice ladies....ok, i haven't been there in a year, but it used to be packed full of ladies like the one you found late on....GFE and damn sexy everytime...i miss it, why am i in bkk? arghhhh

Yeah, the contact is a serious trap. You head home and you're remembering her, and it's fun to have a phone call or two, the sms's popping up now and then are okay, a little secret in your work day. But then... the calls are just the same nonsense again and again, or she starts to ask for money because [fill in the blank], or she starts to treat you like her boyfriend, and it's a bloody hassle to have these stupid 'Are U OK today?' messages popping up at all times of the day or night... Cut it when you leave, and if you want to get back in touch when you're back in LOS (it's just a matter of time...), do so. But by then you might rather not have the same girl waiting for you when you get off the plane, when you come out of the toilet, when you visit the ATM... Good advice from Zombienation, wish I'd known to follow it before I learned the hard way!

Great report, personally I think you did pretty good for a first-timer. The girls are very pursuasive and it can be difficult to negotiate if you have never been to BKK before. On top of that, the blood is flowing to the nether regions which makes it even harder to negotiate ;)

My first trip to BKK was in February of this year and being nerdy, I made a note of what I should pay for a freelancer or a bar girl, ST or LT. I knew that once I got to BKK I would be clueless and get ripped off. I also researched what I should pay for a massage (I went to Annies).

So, I tried to use the "last time I was here I paid 2000 baht LT" with a freelancer and that seemed to work. I never told any of the girls that this was my first trip to BKK.

Look at the bright side, you got your first great experiences in BKK, had a lot of fun, had some great sex. Next time you go, you will be better prepared. I know that I will!

A fellow newbie....

Archived