First trip to Bangkok, days 5-6

caissa

Day 5: After my adventures the previous night with the girl from Sheba's, I decided to try Nana Plaza rather than returning to Soi Cowboy. But it was only 9pm when I got to the Nana skytrain stop so I decided to stop off at the soi 7 beer garden first for a drink.

I'd been there in the afternoon on my second day when there seemed to be quite a few attractive young women in the bar, but these seemed much thinner on the ground in the evening. However, there was one girl with a particularly pretty face who caught my eye and, after buying a drink at the main bar, I went and sat at the table near to her and offered to buy her a drink. She accepted and we began to talk - her English was not that good but I perserved and we ended up having a lengthy conversation.

It turned out she (Ploy) was 20, from Isaan, working in a language school doing administration, but also freelancing from time to time at soi 7 to earn extra money (her job paid only B4k per month, which seemed ridiculously low to me). She had previously started college courses in architecture and law, but had not been able to finish them due to family financial problems. Genuinely she seemed a nice, intelligent girl, not at all like the bargirls I'd seen at Soi Cowboy the previous night.

We agreed - without ever being very explicit about terms - to go on to another bar and then to a pool bar where we played a few games and she talked to the other girls there, who were also from Isaan. It was a fun evening - much like a traditional first date in some ways, but with the unspoken assumption we would end up in my hotel room for (paid) sex. But it was all done in a subtle way that I liked - the fantasy of a holiday romance if you wish.

Anyway, we got back to my hotel room about 1am, agreed terms (she suggested B3000 to stay until the next morning, which I was happy with since I really liked this girl) and took showers. We spent the rest of the night and most of the morning in bed, having sex three times and (unless she is a very good actress, which she may well be of course) she seemed to have as good a time as me.

After that I made a late brunch for her, we went to see a film at the Emporium cinema and then spent some time in Queen's Park feeding the pigeons and the turtles with a loaf of bread bought from the food kiosk there.

She then went back to her flat to change, we met up at 7.30pm to go to a restaurant, on to a bar for a final drink of the trip, and then back to the hotel for another night together (for which I gave her another B3000, though making clear this was a kind of gift, which she seemed to like). I had to check out by 7am to go to the airport for my flight, so she then helped me pack and waved me off as I took a taxi to the airport. We swapped e-mail addresses and agreed to keep in touch prior to possibly meeting up on my next trip to Thailand.

So altogether a very romantic end to what had been an exhilerating but rather up and down experience for me until the last two days. Is it the start of a big romance? - no, but it was the kind of 'quasi-girlfriend' experience that had attracted me to Thailand in the first place so it was a great way to round off the holiday.

Roll on next year!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry mate, but again 3 K for a FREELANCER. that will ruin the grounds for a lot of xpats... :(

Really? These girls seem pretty savvy so I think they know their business well enough to price discriminate between Thais/ex-pats/short-term tourists on six figure UK incomes.

As I said in my reply on the other thread, I was paying for quality here and happy to be on the generous side for a girl that was pretty, intelligent and prepared to drop everything (she was due to work Sunday afternoon and had only 2 days holiday a month) to spend the last 32 hours of my holiday with me (including having sex 5 times, and pretty good sex too!).

This seemed a fair deal to me bearing in mind that B6k=c.£85, which would be lucky to buy you half an hour with her counterparts in London (and that would be strictly sex, whereas I was looking for more than that).

So everything is relative but I'll bear in mind your comments for next time. Certainly the Sheba's girl did short-change me earlier in the holiday (3k for just 4.5 hours) and I won't be hurrying back to Soi Cowboy again.

One piece of advice I would welcome is on the rules of the game in the Soi 22 pool bars - both typical prices and whether some of the girls there do not go out with customers? Thanks.

I farkin' knew it; a new member goes to the trouble of writing-up a decient and entertaining trip report and the best the ever grateful and welcoming membership can do is piss and moan about what he paid the ladies who shared his bed....fu*k heads!!

There isn't one of us who didn't make some kind of laughable mistake and overpay for something our first trip to LOS, who gives a shit? What someone pays is their own choice, "Caissa" certainly seemed to feel he was giving fair value for what he got.

Yep, the BG from Shebas pulled the usual scam, that's happened to most of us at one time or another; we live, we learn, and then it usually happens again.

Thanks "Caissa" for making the effort to contribute to this forum, something the previous posters somehow forgot to mention. More of us than most will admit get off on reading about others' first time experiences here in Thailand, reliving our own thru it.

Have you begun planning your second (and wiser) trip yet??

perhaps, negotiate for ST with the girl first and later if satisfied, you can ask her if she wanted to stay LT and pay accordingly. That way, you wont be short-changed when the cellphone rings and the girl tells you she has to leave because her mother is sick. 3k is kinda of high for LT at the places you mentioned.

I farkin' knew it; a new member goes to the trouble of writing-up a decient and entertaining trip report and the best the ever grateful and welcoming membership can do is piss and moan about what he paid the ladies who shared his bed....fu*k heads!!

There isn't one of us who didn't make some kind of laughable mistake and overpay for something our first trip to LOS, who gives a shit? What someone pays is their own choice, "Caissa" certainly seemed to feel he was giving fair value for what he got.

Yep, the BG from Shebas pulled the usual scam, that's happened to most of us at one time or another; we live, we learn, and then it usually happens again.

Thanks "Caissa" for making the effort to contribute to this forum, something the previous posters somehow forgot to mention. More of us than most will admit get off on reading about others' first time experiences here in Thailand, reliving our own thru it.

Have you begun planning your second (and wiser) trip yet??

As usual, a beautifully put statement from dddave.

Spot on mate !! I agree with your comments totally.

To the O.P. ignore the shit, learn from your "mistakes" and enjoy your next trip even more.

...As someone once said..."Nobody goes to Thailand.........once".

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your posts and "re-lived" some old memories.

:beer::grinyes::beer:

Archived