Cambodia

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this seems to be the hot place to discuss Cambodia, so I briefly will do so. I'm surprised to have trouble finding some posts on the PP hotel bombings that killed three people and injured several others.

I will miss Mykal at Sharky's / Martini's, because I had to cancel my PP trip. I had a reservation for me and my buddy at PP's HongKong hotel. But, it and another hotel got bombed, supposedly by FOREIGN gangsters (official story). That was a bit too much for my buddy. I couldn't disagree--when LOS is the alternative, why push the luck? Take care y'all.

PS--I saw some high-strung guy at Foodland rip into the clerk over some grave bagging issue. Can anyone recommend a local, reputable Anger Management clinic for Flyonzewall and this Foodland customer dude? Gee whiz. smile.gif" border="0

vtombrown,

funny man, you want third world prices for sex, you want third world poverty so you can keep on enjoying these cheap prices, and you chicken out when some little bomb goes off.

what about a phobia management course for you in your cosy little homecountry before getting involved in reality?

gee whiz...

Dear Flyonzewall Dude,

I am taking small pokes at you only because you sometimes sound a bit like a biting, uptight, finger-pointer. I generally agree with your moral code. Not only do I hate the thought of girls forced into the business by violence, I don't even hang with girls who seem trapped in the business by severe economic desperation. (The distinction between "economic desperation" and "crummy alternate employment opportunities" is too complex to consider on this thread).

You also are right, that I live in a cozy country and that I chickened out on my trip to PP (though, it was actually my buddy that did so). If your post above had been written by another person, though, you would be scolding the daylights out of them---Three people have just been murdered, and several other injured, in two hotels. "How dare you make light of innocents' deaths," I can imagine you saying, judging from your recent posts. But, you would agree that such a shot would be ridiculous.

Just for the record, I used to work in Thailand, and I like to think that I played a small part in elevating a large group of employees' economic situation. I can admit, though, that I would regret their "progression" into an America-like luxury-obsessed society. I do get-off on the screwed-up chaos in this country. The reason I intended to go to PP was to experience an even more "Wild West" freak show. It was not so that I could save a few bucks on bar ladies.

My first and only experience in Cambodia (SR) involved a couple girls that genuinely seemed to like working in the bar (more so than most other people seem to like their own jobs). Perhaps you are right, and I was not clearly seeing the situation, and/or perhaps the situation elsewhere in the country (where I have yet to visit) is far worse than I can yet know. You have more knowledge of PP than do I. I will give more consideration. But, the more shrill, scolding, skewering and sensational the arguments against Cambo-sanuk, the more skeptically I approach those arguments.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. The more I ramble on, the more likely it is that I am inadvertantly going to make you want to kick my ass, should you ever run into me around town. Love the internet. Even a chicken like me can pop-off. tongue.gif" border="0

vtombrown,

stay cool. i am not gonna kick your ass, especially not in reality, i am a very peaceful person. i hate fighting, i have seen the results of nasty violence too often to be inclined towards that form of conflict solving. i am also not very PC, even though i might come across like that some time, dead people in a bombed hotel is a sad thing, but i will not get overly emotional about that.

i prefer to discuss the cambodia topic on a serious level, because it is a serious topic. i also do not really want to repeat myself, so if you are interested in the situation go into the 100%tip thread in the general topic section, and if you have any questions or anything, just add there or here your post. you will understand then why i take it so serious. i do not flame anyone for not knowing, but for abusal.

so, be cool, i just like to bring people out of their reserve and see how they react.

you mentioned the "wild west" experience. the problem with that is that in the wild west people got killed, and if you have the bad luck to find yourself in such a situation, you will wish you never had the experience. the fear you learn there leaves such a bitter taste, that it doesn't make a good story afterwards even.

so, be cool, even winston james, who i really detest, would not have to fear violence from me, i am just not into that. and one would have to do a lot worse to me than hating me over the internet to get me really angry.

thank you for generally agreeing with my moral code, that is more than i would ask for.

I appreciate the note Flyonzewall. Not sure if I can make it to Woodstock's this Friday, but if I can, and you are there, I'll buy you a brewski. What do you say? Then, we can stir up some more sh*t with each other back on the boards. Cheers!

(Thanks for the tip DJ. Though, I don't know if the real, full story ever will be reported.)

PS-- Mykal: Let's hear your trip report. What was your take on things?

vtombrown,

would like to come down to woodstock, but at the moment i prefer to stay anonymous as long as possible.

but one day we gonna meet for sure.

see 'ya, have fun there.

Archived