Flight Deals Trans Pacific

unit731

Anyone travel from North America to BKK lately?

What airline and how much was the ticket?

An no, I don't need to know that your company sends you 1st or business class.

You know, regular cheap tickets?

Anyone take the Thai Airlines non-stop from JFK or LAX to BKK?

I sense a trip coming up and need to know.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked expedia.com for departure 8/30 and return 9/13 from NYC to BKK. I was VERY surprised to find the TG nonstop as the lowest fare ($1,100 including all taxes and fees).

I have no idea when you're leaving, but I don't think you can do much better than that. I would have thought TG would be a couple of hundred bucks more than the competition, given they have the only nonstops.

Haven't flown it myself, but if they're anything like SQ, the coach service should be a small step up from the norm, because of the long flight time.

The price you'll pay depends on the date of departure, sometimes even the day of the week. I've flown the Thai JFK-BKK r/t several times. I took it just a few days after service began in May 2005. Price then was $625 for economy and because it was a new route, I had three empty seats beside me. Now the cheapest ticket is around $1,100 and it's sure to be full in economy.

EVA costs about the same as Thai, the difference being that for $1,100 with EVA, you'd fly deluxe economy, which means a much more comfortable seat trans-Pacific. It will take you five or six hours longer to flight with EVA (stops in Vancouver and Taipei) than the direct JFK-BKK flight on TG.

If you have ice in your stomach, wait until the last minute. Usually one of the many. many airlines that flies to BKK will be offering a special. Check Cathay Pacific, Singapore, Korean Airlines, JAL and the U.S. carriers. One or the other may be offering flights at around $800 in the fall.

Evil

:devil:

If you have ice in your stomach, wait until the last minute. Usually one of the many. many airlines that flies to BKK will be offering a special. Check Cathay Pacific, Singapore, Korean Airlines, JAL and the U.S. carriers. One or the other may be offering flights at around $800 in the fall.

Si Senor,

I used to do pricing for one of the aforementioned airlines, and can confirm that there are normally deals out there on the internet, closer to the date, never mind the deals that the consolidators get.

But I still think that $1100 for the nonstop is a pretty good deal for an August departure, considering prices have generally gone up $100 to $200 bucks this year, what with fuel surcharges and such.

Airline Departure Time Arrival Time Total Travel Time Roundtrip Price

includes taxes and fees

British Airways

Flight 238 / 9 8:10am

Leave: JFK 3:15pm - Fri, Sep 15

Next day arrival

Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) 20hrs 5min - 1 Stop

Change planes in London, Great Britain (LHR) $1,645

per personSelect

View

Archived