True or Not ?

BadaBing

Last visit was discussing with the boss of our company office in BKK. I mentioned about a 1 bedroom , 50-70 sq meter purchase near Skytrain / Thong Lo , or abouts. He said 30-40K usd would do. He is from Taiwan , but has lived in BKK for over 20 years.

I got cash to burn.... am I getting " near " correct info ?

Bada :beer: Bing

Decent one bedroom on Thong Lo you are talking 4 to 5 million baht, IMHO. I have seen alot of condos lately, as I've been along with a friend who is in the market right now.

Based on xe.com the low end of that would be just over 106,000 USD.

A nice two bedroom is 8 to 10 in my opinion. I think the new Wilshire on 22 is about 10 million for a 2 bedroom, and is just average to my eyes for what you get. 2 bedroom at All Seasons Mansion is quite nice (next to Conrad) second hand one is about 12 to 15 million.

Are you sure your boss didn't mean a studio? I bet you could get a studio still for that figure if you are a shrewd shopper, or a new building opens up soon near ekkamai, thong lo, etcetera.

That is... one without kiddie pools built in on every floor :grinyes: Some of you probably know the development I'm talking about.. WTF are they thinking?

Best,

theNumbers

Can you give an example rather than just a claim of one bedrooms on Thong Lo for less than 2 million baht?

I doubt it, and you definitely do not mean on the soi proper. I just saw a promotion for an 8 story boutique condo by DLV on Thong Lo 20 in the soi, and closer to Phetchaburi than Sukhumvit.

The smallest they had in terms of one bedroom apatments now (substantially cheaper) in advance of the place opening by 18 months at a promotional price is just under 4 million. This is just an average nice little building nothing exceptional.

Thong Lo's expensive... but YMMV :dunno:

Best,

theNumbers

That "normal rent pricing" is not normal in Bangkok IME. More like 5% of value, unless overpriced for the "silly farang" market (i.e., B30k/mo for a ~B8M 5 story townhouse in Thonglor area is a normal price).

Numbers, I should think one could find an older building on one of the Thonglor sois for a studio or even one bedromm for ~B2M. JC Tower on Suk 49/6 just sold a few units in that range and it is a perfectly fine, if older, building. But not likely if you want new construction (or your own pool LOL).

BTW, I live in a high numbered Thonglor soi near the klong and love it - quiet and no traffic, but easy to get anywhere.

Cheers,

SD

PS -- here are a couple from Acute Realty:

Studio, 1 bath(s), 32 sqm. Sale (THB) 2,200,000

Early-Sukhumvit area (Asoke sky train station)

For sale condo in prime Sukhumvit location, with studio type 32 sqm partial furnished. Walking distance to Sky train station (Asoke) easy access to many restaurant. Good security system, quiet, good for living, with swimming pool, fitness room.

Studio, 1 bath(s), 32 sqm. Sale (THB) 2,400,000

Sukhumvit 40 (walk to Thonglor BTS Station)

Condo One Thonglor, good location near Thonglor BTS Station, low-rise style from well-known developer, close to Major Sukhumvit, Emporium, Thonglor Market etc. New condo for new life style.

"YOu can find a real nice one bedroom for 40K" sporty said.

SD. I was referring to this quote mate. Based on xe.com today that is 1.502 million baht?!!?! You showed studios for over 2 million that are secondhand. I am asking for support of this claim with pool or not. You might find a studio, but definitely no pool or slew of amenities :dunno:

I could be wrong, but around Thong Lo that's not gonna be too easy to find these days. On Nut is a different story.

theNumbers

Archived