are immigration officials flerxible?

dean

I had an overstay stamp showing a 3 day overstay in my passport from last year. I just recently applied for a one year retirement visa at a Royal Thai Consulate in the U.S., submitting all proper documentation and am pleased to report that the visa was issued and no mention was made of the overstay stamp.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

half year ago i had done a visa trip to singapore, coming back with last machine from air asia, which had also a small delay. can not remember well but i arrived maybe half or one hour after midnite (i just remember i was after midnite cause it was my birthday) and i got the date stamp of the new day.

also got before no problem to apply for a new visa, non B, with an overstay stamp in my passport.

so good luck to you that the strike don't effect your travel plan, get a good medical treatment and have a nice stay here.

but one thing, if you say last time you didn't had a problem at the check inn without a visa and without a return ticket between the next 30 days. in case the flight is overbooked or some other reason you can still declined by the check inn staff to take on board cause you don't have proper documents. better be one safe side and apply for a visa next time before.

Guest HonoluluJimmy

I go UA but shouldn't the rules be the same???

I have never noted anything like that although I have an O-A which now reads multiple entries. I get my stamp good for 1 year from the entry date NOT the date of my visa, which was the case last year. Even if you have a multiple re-entyr permit you still got only up the 1 year from the date you first entered the Kingdom or the date of isue, which ever was the least amt. of time!

I was referring to someone arriving on the visa wavier (such as teh OP), which gives you the 30 days entry stamp. I haven't flown from US in a couple of years, but I can tell you when flying from Singapore, KL, Japan, and HK, my passport has been closely scrutinized for the visa when it was noticed I was flying on a return ticket to Bangkok. Without the visa (actually a 1 year multi re-entry permit), I would not have been allowed on the plane.

TH

Archived